GO!

Welcome our new family member Dexter, and we need help.

This is a special section for cats needing new homes and for inspiring stories of cats that have found their furever home through Catster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of cat! If you are posting about a cat that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Catster's cat adoption center!

Cleo

Purred: Tue Jun 3, '14 12:44am PST 
We sadly lost our Tigger we were all heart broken. But Emma never got over the loss of him and still looks for him daily. We adopted Dexter from Sac animal control. He's so sweet but feisty as well.

I have 2 questions also. Emma does NOT seem happy hes here. (being its only been 2 days) she hisses and growls at him. How do we go about making the introduction a positive one? We KNOW it wont happen over night but any advice would be wonderful.

second question is he seems playfully aggressive (and he wasn't in the shelter) not in aggression just in rough play. I have a 2 year old and my hubby says if he hurts her he has to go back. Any ideas or distraction or redirection on his play? We are great dog owners and can understand them very well but dont understand much about cat behaviors.

Thanks in advance!! wave
[notify]