GO!

Help! Rescuing a Cat that's been caged for a year or more! :(

This is a special section for cats needing new homes and for inspiring stories of cats that have found their furever home through Catster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of cat! If you are posting about a cat that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Catster's cat adoption center!

Sacha

Purred: Tue Mar 18, '14 2:46am PST 
Hi guys, need your help. Found out from my friend that she has this cat that was in a cage for almost a year and more.. The cat is being treated for a fungal infection and a whole body check up before it will be released over to me or someone else. The cat has not been able to use a litter box, and it's a really small cage. Would you know how I could help this cat? I can't bring it home yet as it might infect my other cat. frown

For the fungal, I'm not sure if he has ringworm. They just told me that the fur on his back is gone and is covered in wounds and scabs. Apparently this was a problem before and they shaved all the fur from his body before. What they're doing to clean the wounds now is by using hydrogen peroxide.

He's caged because they're not really aware on how to have a cat as a pet. They have a baby in the house and is afraid to let him out as he might harm the baby. They're not sure how old the kitten is as he's been with them for a year or more, and he's been in that cage ever since. According to my friend, he hasn't changed in size.

They think that he did live with cats before he was given to them. He's male and he is not neutered. I think he just potties in the cage itself. frown

He's has a cautious personality and is scared of people.. I think because of the cage. I'm not even sure if he is a Siberian and is most probably a persian cat that was interbred or something frown
[notify]

Sacha

Purred: Tue Mar 18, '14 2:51am PST 
Also, you can view his picture and video: http://tinypic.com/r/30tm545/8
http://tinypic.com/r/2w3naft/8
http ://tinypic.com/player.php?v=2075bg9%3E&s=8#.UygW_KiSw5w
[notify]

Althea, PAWS

The Special,- Precious, Petite- PrinCESS

Purred: Tue Mar 18, '14 6:57am PST 
Blessings to you for wanting to help. If this cat is kept caged and is elimimating in his own quarters (the cage), that is a clear case of animal abuse and needs to be reported to the local humane society. That cat is *suffering* and that suffering needs to be addressed immediately. Please either take the cat or report his horrific conditions to the humane society - please!
[notify]

Sacha

Purred: Tue Mar 18, '14 7:24am PST 
I know! frown Yes, we're planning to treat him asap of his skin infection first and then I'll most probably get him asap. smile
[notify]