GO!

need cheap carrier....tonight!

This is a special section for cats needing new homes and for inspiring stories of cats that have found their furever home through Catster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of cat! If you are posting about a cat that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Catster's cat adoption center!

Mittens

Purred: Thu Dec 19, '13 9:45am PST 
ok so long story, picking up my new kitty tomorrow! so excited but this happened quicker the expected. but I need a carrier. Those things are expensive! where can a get a really affordable one? no time to order online. I don't want to spend a lot of money on it because It will barely be used. our vet is literally a 1 minute drive and its much easier for me to carry mittens and she is calmer that way but they wont release cinnamon without one. what to do?
[notify]

Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Thu Dec 19, '13 11:16am PST 
Try the pet store for a cardboard carrier thinking Human has seen these at Petco.

Is there a neighbor or friend who has a cat? See if you can borrow their carrier.

Or try FreeCycle.org for a carrier that someone is no longer using.
[notify]

Jerry- (formerly- Bondi)

Vampire Kitten

Purred: Thu Dec 19, '13 2:11pm PST 
I agree about the cardboard carrier--try PetCo, PetSmart or any pet supply store that provides an adoption center for local shelters.

I would, though, suggest that you invest in a good carrier now. It would be better to spend the money up front and have it handy than to be scrambling for one in the case of an emergency. At least, grab one as soon as the after-holiday sales go into effect!

Bless you for adopting, and concatulations on your new furbaby!
happy dancedancingcheerapplauseway to gohugway to goapplausecheerdancinghappy dance