GO!

Feral Kitten in Car

This is a special section for cats needing new homes and for inspiring stories of cats that have found their furever home through Catster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of cat! If you are posting about a cat that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Catster's cat adoption center!

Bart.- MISSING in- New River

Let's go for a- ride!!

Purred: Mon Oct 14, '13 7:23am PST 
Hi everyone. Last night I ended up rescuing a feral kitten from a drainpipe at a very busy street corner. We got him/her into a small box to travel in. Then when when I got home I left him in the car for about 2 minutes so I could run inside and let my boyfriend know that I was bringing him inside. When I went back outside to get him he was not in the box and is now up under my dash. Since he is feral he obviously won't come to me and will undoubtedly bite me if I try to grab him if that is even possible where he is.
[notify]

Let's go for a- ride!!

Purred: Mon Oct 14, '13 7:26am PST 
I tried coaxing with food and even a small dish of milk replacement for kittens. He is very tiny, probably only a couple to three weeks old. Any suggestions??
[notify]

Monster

It's all about- me.

Purred: Mon Oct 14, '13 1:37pm PST 
You may have to have someone take the dash apart to get to the kitten. I recommend wearing a very heavy pair of leather work gloves to handle it. You might try setting out some tuna/tuna water, but if he's as young as you think, he may not respond to it.
[notify]

Let's go for a- ride!!

Purred: Mon Oct 14, '13 2:44pm PST 
Good news, the kitten finally came out and went under the seat. Luckily a friend came over to help and we got him out. Thank you for the advise though. cheer
[notify]

Mikko

Psycho kitty

Purred: Tue Oct 15, '13 2:43pm PST 
I definitely agree with Monster, you may have to get someone to take apart the dash. Good luck and follow Monster's advice!
[notify]