GO!

Spring Shelter Overload

This is a special section for cats needing new homes and for inspiring stories of cats that have found their furever home through Catster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of cat! If you are posting about a cat that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Catster's cat adoption center!

Bert

Baby cat

Purred: Sun Apr 7, '13 4:55pm PST 
I am starting a campaign to raise money for the smaller, privately run shelters in our area. Any suggestions or tips to get more people involved? The smaller shelters don't get the media attention that the SPCA does. I think because they are no-kill shelters that is even more reason to try to raise money to help them out.
[notify]

Ben

I fetch,- therefore I am.

Purred: Sun Apr 7, '13 9:42pm PST 
Do you use Facebook? You can try sharing their pages and posting information on fundraising events. You could even start your own page, "Support our local shelters--Buffalo" (or something), and use it to consolidate and publicize the shelters along with information on fundraisers, adoptable pets, etc.

Just my thought!

Bert

Baby cat

Purred: Wed Apr 10, '13 9:44am PST 
Thanks! I actually started my own FB group and created an account on GoFundMe. My goal is to link all of them together.
[notify]