GO!

Stray cats need homes!

This is a special section for cats needing new homes and for inspiring stories of cats that have found their furever home through Catster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of cat! If you are posting about a cat that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Catster's cat adoption center!

Purred: Tue Dec 4, '12 5:49pm PST 
I have had 3 beautiful stray cats nesting under my shed for about 3 months now. I started feeding them, but am concerned for their welfare since cold weather is approaching. I've contacted rescues, family and friends, but no one is able to help. My only option now is Animal Control, but I really don't want to do that. Unfortunately, I am allergic to cats and cannot take them into my home. Any suggestions and/or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by author Tue Dec 4, '12 5:50pm PST

[notify]

BK

Ambassador at- the Kitty U.N.

Purred: Wed Dec 5, '12 3:54pm PST 
If they are feral you might consider getting them neutered and letting them stay. You can build a shelter fairly easily and cheaply that will get them through the winter. And by neutering them you're guaranteed not to have twice as many next year!
[notify]