GO!

3 Abandoned Kittens in Central Ohio Need Foster or Forever Home ASAP!

This is a special section for cats needing new homes and for inspiring stories of cats that have found their furever home through Catster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of cat! If you are posting about a cat that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Catster's cat adoption center!

River

I'm a Scared-y- Cat!

Purred: Fri Sep 21, '12 7:13am PST 
A month ago my mom & I found 3 abandoned kittens on our back porch. These kittens were only around 2.5 weeks old. Their mother is a feral cat who had 6 kittens under my house. The 3 she abandoned were the smallest, & we think she couldn't produce enough milk for all of them (mother kitty was extremely emaciated when she first showed up...we've been working hard to beef her up & in the past month she's put on a good amount of weight & the 3 kittens she kept are thriving!)

My mom & I have worked so hard to get these 3 abandoned kittens to where they are (many exhausting nights taking shifts to bottle feed). They are now 6.5 weeks old. The problem is, is we have 8 rescue cats who are stressed because of these kittens. We have the kittens quarenteened in the master bathroom & connected master bedroom. Our house is fairly small & several of our rescues are displaced because they can't get in where the kittens are. Our cats don't all get along & they have their own territories & safe-spots & several of them call that area of our house their territory. So I'm extremely worried about our 8 rescues, many whom are elderly or have special needs.

I REALLY need someone who can take these kittens & either foster them or adopt them. They are completely domesticated & super sweet & playful. We have been working hard litter training them, they have been wormed twice, & they are already on kitten chow. There is a tiger-stripped male named Raja, & two black females (Cocoa & Samara) who both have a little white under their necks.

If you live in or around Central Ohio & would be willing to foster or adopt these kittens, please let me know. I have reached out to several rescue orgs & the Humane Society, & can't find anyone able to take these kittens. For the sake of my 8 rescues (who are my #1 priority) I need to find these kittens a home. I live 20 min North of Columbus, Ohio so if you live nearby, & are willing to help, please let me know!

Thank you so much!
[notify]