GO!

Adopted by a Kitten!

This is a special section for cats needing new homes and for inspiring stories of cats that have found their furever home through Catster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of cat! If you are posting about a cat that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Catster's cat adoption center!

Purred: Fri Jul 6, '12 7:41am PST 
As a general rule, families adopt pets. In our case, the opposite has come true. A kitten has recently adopted us. Not long back, a stray cat had managed to install her squealing, squirming mass of kittens in a portion of our rambling house. One by one, the healthier and more adventurous members of the litter vanished away into the big bad world.

This kitten is quite extra-ordinary. I think my mum has explained her behaviour better in an article she wrote - http://www.fogs.com/articles/adopted-by-a-kitten-1614

People who have experience with cats and kittens, please tell me if they have any experiences close to this?
Since the mother abandoned the kitten, and she is displaying a behaviour so bizarre, will my kitten survive?
[notify]

Jack- Teagarden

Loving My- Furrever Home

Purred: Fri Jul 6, '12 7:46pm PST 
To give you answer to your question, may we ask what sort of behavior is she displaying? And about how old is the kitten. There are many, many CATSTER members who are very good with answers re kitten/cat behavior, but would need to know more specifics. Strange behaviors could also be signs of of an illness.

I am in no way an expert, but have been owned for cats for many, many years, and would be glad to offer my suggestions.

The New Orleans Kittieswave

Edited by author Fri Jul 6, '12 7:48pm PST

[notify]