GO!

Shelter Challenge

This is a special section for cats needing new homes and for inspiring stories of cats that have found their furever home through Catster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of cat! If you are posting about a cat that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Catster's cat adoption center!

Emmy

Must Pounce on- Dog

Purred: Wed Mar 14, '12 5:27pm PST 
Hi everyone. I'm writing to tell you about Purrfect Pals and their race in the Animal Rescue Site $300,000 Shelter+ Challenge of 2011 - together with Petfinder. Purrfect Pals is in dire need of funding. I am trying to help raise as much funding as I can but I need help. The shelter is entered in a "shelter challenge" for $300,000 which could help them continue with their free spay and neuter clinic and help them continue to help homeless cats. All that is required of the shelter challenge is to simply click on the link www.theanimalrescuesite.com , click on the link on the right hand side that says "SHELTER CHALLENGE" and enter Purrfect Pals in Arlington, Washington as your charity. That single click could be the difference of $300,000. I hope that you can take a couple seconds out of your day for a good cause.

As for other simple things that you could do to help:
1.) use the search engine www.goodsearch.com (using Purrfect Pals as the charity) for each search conducted, they donate $0.01 to Purrfect pals. While that doesn't seem like a lot, 100 people making 2 searches a day could generate $730 a year.
2.) do your online shopping via www.goodsearch.com and up to 30% of your purchase will go to Purrfect pals. This charity engine offers companies such as Target, Macy's, AMAZON.com and many more. Just think your midnight shopping can help save a homeless pet.
3.) donate via paypal at https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id =9030938 or via the Network for Good at http://partners.guidestar.org/controller/searchResults.gs?action_don ateReport=1&partner=networkforgood&ein=94-3127448
4.) Ask your work if they will match a donation. Most companies have a matching program in place, just ask.

Thank you very much for your consideration in helping such a worthy cause. I personally am going to make it my goal to help keep this wonderful shelter open for many years to come, but I can't do it without your help.
Please help me in taking a few seconds out of your day to click, search and shop all in the name of Purrfect Pals.

Sincerely,
Brittany Juarez
[notify]