GO!

My gamma has a pregnant mama cat....we need help!

This is a special section for cats needing new homes and for inspiring stories of cats that have found their furever home through Catster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of cat! If you are posting about a cat that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Catster's cat adoption center!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Daniel

Rebel with claws

Purred: Mon May 16, '11 3:11pm PST 
Hi there,

My gamma who lives in Ulysses, PA (north central PA) brought into her home a young calico cat she is calling "Susie". She was pregnant (or bloated as my mom said) and because my mom is elderly, lives alone, can't bend over well, and has four cats, she doesn't know what to do. She can't find the kittens, if there are (or were) any. Susie has been in gamma's home fur a day or 2. All the rescue groups are full and will not accept Susie or her babies. Gamma can't keep her, and she doesn't know the first thing to do about the kittens. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP.
[notify]

Daniel

Rebel with claws

Purred: Mon May 16, '11 4:23pm PST 
Update: Gamma cannot find Susie or her kittens. Susie's been eating food, so she is around, but where we don't know.
[notify]

Althea, PAWS

The Special,- Precious, Petite- PrinCESS

Purred: Tue May 17, '11 8:01am PST 
I'm unclear: is Susie in the house? If she's still outside and can't be found, it's likely she's with her kittens, wherever they are. She'd keep them well hidden. In that event, make sure there's plenty of food and water for Susie. Maybe your grandma could call her vet and ask for help? Surely they realize that she's elderly and unable to take care of the situation. I've said a prayer that the Creator for all involved.
[notify]

Daniel

Rebel with claws

Purred: Tue May 17, '11 12:57pm PST 
Hi there,

The vet didn't offer much help aside from saying she could post a sign of kittens fur adoption. frown

Gamma MIGHT have a home fur them, if things work out. Right now we have had more NOs than anything. frown frown We really need purrayers!
[notify]

Daniel

Rebel with claws

Purred: Tue May 17, '11 1:14pm PST 
Furgot to add: Right now we don't know where Susie is. She's not in the master bedroom, but mama told Gamma to look efurywhere, cuz pregnant kitties like a nice cozy warm safe place to give birth. As far as we know Susie is still in the house. We think she had the kittens Sunday or Saturday night cuz Gamma saw her briefly Sunday evening and she didn't have the bloated tummy anymore according to her.
[notify]

Solomon

The Purrmaster

Purred: Tue May 17, '11 4:36pm PST 
My turn to post!
We are getting really discouraged. NO luck on the potential home fur susie & babies. Gamma said she might be able to keep them & care fur them, IF there aren't that many in the litter. She would do that only as a last resort. We know that is a lot of money fur gamma, and surely someone can help out this precious mama kitty and her kittens. We know it's kitten season, but can't anyone help??
[notify]

Daniel

Rebel with claws

Purred: Wed May 18, '11 3:21pm PST 
questions!
What would a nursing mom be doing after she's had the babies? Would she stay with them all the time or come around looking fur attention?
Would she be able to hear the kittens at all? How loud would they be?
[notify]

Daniel

Rebel with claws

Purred: Thu May 19, '11 3:10pm PST 
-UPDATE-

We've got another potential adopter! A few days ago my mama sent an email to Second Chances over in Wellsboro, PA and told them about my Gamma's situation with her mama cat & kittens, that we're looking fur them. Gamma had called them but they said they were full.

Well, call it what you want (we call it God's intervention) Second Chances just called Gamma and asked if she'd found the kittens yet, and that when she does to let them know. We are HOPING this means they'll take Susie & her family....Purr and/or purray!!!
[notify]

Daniel

Rebel with claws

Purred: Tue May 24, '11 3:27pm PST 
Please see my diary fur anofur update....gamma has not even looked fur the kittens and the only one who did look lately isn't a cat lover or knows anything about cats & kittens. She thinks there are no kittens but we've tried to make gamma understand that it's too soon fur her to see or hear from them.

WE NEED PURRS BADLY.
Link to my diary entry:
http://tinyurl.com/3frtqf3

Edited by author Tue May 24, '11 3:28pm PST

[notify]

Kisu

Japanese Bobtail

Purred: Thu May 26, '11 11:29am PST 
shock

Edited by author Thu May 26, '11 11:33am PST

[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)