GO!

Exploring my options

This is a special section for cats needing new homes and for inspiring stories of cats that have found their furever home through Catster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of cat! If you are posting about a cat that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Catster's cat adoption center!

Ms. Riley

Purred: Thu Mar 3, '11 3:37pm PST 
I do not want to even think about it, but I am thinking about it to see what I may do. I rescued kittens in 2007 and 2008 and brought them to adoption place - but I kept 2 kittens - I have their profiles on here - they are Rocky and Riley. They came into my life at the right time and enriched my life so much - they needed me and I needed them. They are much loved. My husband wants me to re-home them because he says he is allergic. I run 3 different air cleaners, vacuum & dust daily, wipe them down with Allerpet, keep them in different part of the house, etc. I have tried to make it work so desperately. But he has become very sick and now the time has come for me to try to re-home. Because they were born outside, I needed to tame them and they are friendly and affectionate to me, but they are very timid with other people - they will just hide. A Shelter worker said that they would not do well in Shelter on the Adoption floor, and if they are deemed unadoptable, then they would be euthanized. This is our area "no-kill" shelter. I have a story about them, but I will save for another time. I hope to find people that understand shy "formerly-feral" cats. This is painful to even think about for me because as a child I witnessed 2 horrific incidents of cruelty at our neighboring farm, to get rid of kittens - now I am so afraid and always think the worst about people. I want to protect them forever, but now I can't. I have no friends or relatives that can help me out. I was even thinking of moving out but I am disabled and can't work and get a small check per month to live on. If any of you know anyone that could help me in Mass. or Connecticut, please let me know. If they could go to a foster home or a temporary home while I figure things out. I could re-claim them at some point when I get my own place. Please advise. Thanks. Linda
[notify]

Apollo (In- Memory)

Love Ya !

Purred: Sat Mar 5, '11 2:34pm PST 
Has Dad considered allergy shots?
Is it possible to keep the cats in one or two rooms only and away from Dad?
Have you posted in any of the forums of the groups you are in here on Catster? Maybe someone can help there.

♥- Nina- ♥- rehomed

Jellybean the- queen <3

Purred: Sat Mar 5, '11 3:13pm PST 
Apollo, that's just what I was gonna say.
[notify]