GO!

Help me find a home for a kitten with a broken leg

This is a special section for cats needing new homes and for inspiring stories of cats that have found their furever home through Catster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of cat! If you are posting about a cat that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Catster's cat adoption center!

Purred: Fri Feb 18, '11 4:49am PST 
My son asked me to rescue his neighbors kittens. They crawled through a hole in a wall, under the bathtub and then fell through to the ceiling of the apartment below. After ripping the ceiling apart (much to the apartment manager's annoyance) we found two (approx 8 week old) kittens. I took them to the ER. One is okay the other has a broken leg and rib. I cannot keep them. Already have two dogs and a cat who hates cats and cannot afford the vet bills necessary to fix the leg. The vet told me to keep the kitten contained and it may heal by itself, if not it will need amputating. If anyone can afford surgery to have a pin placed, it will be as good as new. Please help! I have tried every rescue and shelter. No one will take her. I think I can find a home for the other one but need someone who will love and help this little cutie. Any advice?
[notify]

BK

Ambassador at- the Kitty U.N.

Purred: Fri Feb 18, '11 8:20am PST 
If you post your location someone close to you might be able to help or have some ideas.
[notify]

Lacey

Backflips are my- specialty!

Purred: Fri Feb 18, '11 11:39am PST 
Exactly, we need to know where you are in order to see if we can help. I'd be happy to send out a notice to some of my members if you tell me. big grin
[notify]

Lucy Nooner

Chatterbox

Purred: Fri Feb 18, '11 2:37pm PST 
I was just reading about an organization that helps out in situations like yours: Feline Veterinary Emergency Assistance. I do not know where you live or if you will be eligible for assistance, but it's worth a shot!

Feline Veterinary Emergency Assistance (Facebook Page).

Here is their information:

"We are a 501(c)(3) Nonprofit Charity Organization that provides emergency financial assistance to cat and kitten guardians who are unable to afford veterinary services to save their companion when life-threatening illness or injury strikes.

Seniors, people with disabilities, people who have lost their job, Good Samaritans who rescue an injured or ill cat or kitten - any of these folks may need emergency financial assistance.

We share the blessing that God provides.

Mission We believe that no cat or kitten should die because of lack of funds to acquire necessary Veterinary medical assistance."

And here is a story about a kitten they are currently helping: Feline Veterinary Emergency Assistance Helps Murdock.

Edited by author Fri Feb 18, '11 2:37pm PST

[notify]