GO!

Mommy and Daddy are bringing home another...

This is a special section for cats needing new homes and for inspiring stories of cats that have found their furever home through Catster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of cat! If you are posting about a cat that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Catster's cat adoption center!

Orange Ruffy

The Baboo Kitty- has Spoken!

Purred: Mon Feb 7, '11 4:27am PST 
Daddy got a call yesterday. The little FIV+ female tortie cat that had been placed by this guy they met apparently is not working out in the home she is in. Tony asked Mommy and Daddy if they will take her, as he has no time or attention or place to keep her. Daddy said that he could not refuse.
They are going to borrow a cage to keep her in. My brother and I are FIV+, and Bella and Natalie are not. Mommy and Daddy are going to look for a good home, and let the rescue they work with know, to see if they can help.
We're already in tight space here, but I understand Daddy saying yes...sigh...because if he didn't we don't know what would happen to this little kitty. Its hard out there for us FIV+ cats.

We live in a 2 room space and there's 4 of us here already...but I guess there has to be room for one more. We're not happy about it, but thats the way it goes.
[notify]

Abbi

Chunk

Purred: Mon Feb 7, '11 10:16am PST 
Bless your mommy and daddy Ruffy, I tend to go for rescues, they need us sooooooooo much. If I had the wherewithall I would take a bunch in.
My hubby died 12 years ago this week, in his memory I bought a shed for the rescue I was involved in, it holds 28 cats, hopefully thats 28 happy cats in new homes now.
[notify]

Orange Ruffy

Purred: Mon Feb 7, '11 11:29am PST 
Abbys Mom,
God bless you! That is so wonderful you are able to do that!
My mommy loves animals, and she always says she's lucky to have my Daddy who is an animal person, too. For us, we know we're lucky.

Mommy said even if they just take this new kitty to foster...which is how I started out....and wound up staying, a least she'll be with cat people in a cat friendly home! Mommy says 'thank you' for taking care of those kitties on the other side of the pond!
[notify]

Abbi

Chunk

Purred: Mon Feb 7, '11 12:11pm PST 
Thanks Ruffy, Fred and I always loved cats. I had my first at 4years old, 61 years ago. My son had his first 2 at 14months, 42 years ago.
[notify]

Ava 4 ever- Mommy's- Angel

Mommy's Angel

Purred: Tue Feb 8, '11 8:27pm PST 
God Bless you...you and your family are true Angels!
[notify]

Patch

Patch - wallpaper- stripper

Purred: Wed Feb 9, '11 12:00pm PST 
I have never been without at least one cat in all that time.
[notify]

Patch

Purred: Wed Feb 9, '11 12:03pm PST 
Fred has been gone 12 years tomorrowcry

I would like to think that in those years a fair number of cats have been helped in his memory kitty
[notify]

Orange Ruffy

Purred: Wed Feb 9, '11 4:51pm PST 
You are a great person and it's so nice you have helped animals that way! We know we are so happy to hear it! But we are sorry for your loss.smilefrown
[notify]

Patch

Purred: Thu Feb 10, '11 5:08am PST 
Thanks Ruffy xxxx
[notify]