GO!

I am looking for a home for my Ragdoll.

This is a special section for cats needing new homes and for inspiring stories of cats that have found their furever home through Catster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of cat! If you are posting about a cat that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Catster's cat adoption center!

BonJovi

BJ, Ragdoll from- Brooklyn New- York

Purred: Sat Jan 29, '11 3:22pm PST 
I am in New York City, and am looking for a great home for my 1.5 year old Ragdoll, Bon Jovi. He is up for adoption due to his territorial spraying. I believe it is caused by a competition between him and my older dog, that doesn't like him that much. I believe he would do better in a home where there is another animal that likes him. He's very friendly with other cats/dogs. Is anyone interested or knows of a great rescue in NYC or at all? I'm open to sending him to a home outside of NYC.
[notify]

Sonny

Luvin life out- of the shelter

Purred: Sat Jan 29, '11 5:10pm PST 
My friend lives in NYC is is thinking about fostering through this site:

http://atailatatime.org/

maybe they can help?
[notify]

Jeepers- 1999-2010

Opt to Adopt!

Purred: Sat Jan 29, '11 7:46pm PST 
Contact your breeder and arrange to return him if you do not want him anymore.
[notify]

Natalie the- Natcat,- Forever

Show some- respect,- youngster!

Purred: Sun Jan 30, '11 6:59am PST 
http://www.freewebs.com/ragdollrescueusa/

They have a New York Branch.

If things were a bit better here...if we didn't have so many health issues at the moment, we would love to have him. But it might be better he go to someone with some knowledge of the breed, and to someone who can devote lots of time to him.

He looks like a very wonderful cat. Please be very careful of who you place him with. I am always concerned because beautiful cats such as your boy deserve 'cat people' who can and will be willing to work with him.

I don't know if this will help, but about 12 years ago I worked for a no kill shelter. We got in a lovely male persian mix....he was gorgeous. Similar problem to your guy.

When the vet did an exam with x ray, they found, as they suspected he was 'cryptoid' with an undesended testicle. He was neutered, and stopped spraying about a month later.

(PS, he got the nicest home with a lady who's 20 year old cat had just passed to the Bridge.)

Natalies Mom
[notify]

BonJovi

BJ, Ragdoll from- Brooklyn New- York

Purred: Sun Jan 30, '11 6:25pm PST 
Thank you all. I'm going to take this info, but before I do, Natalie might be on to something.
[notify]

Oliver

Purred: Sun Feb 13, '11 1:21pm PST 
Did you find a home for this guy? I live in Queens and am interested in fostering a Ragdoll and possibly adopting one.
[notify]