GO!

Foster home needed for Mia, a kitty at CACC, NY til our rescoue can take her!

This is a special section for cats needing new homes and for inspiring stories of cats that have found their furever home through Catster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of cat! If you are posting about a cat that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Catster's cat adoption center!

Orange Ruffy

The Baboo Kitty- has Spoken!

Purred: Fri Jan 21, '11 12:28pm PST 
Hi Everyone,
Would anyone in the New York Metro area be able to foster Mia? I was on petfinder, becuase a co worker had lost her cat (actually, the place boarding her lost her-and she was missing, but thank Purrs, found yesterday!)
But when I was looking, I found a lovely cat that is there named Mia! I can't get her out of my mind, shes very precious looking and it frightens me that she won't get adopted and get 'put down'.
I called our local rescue, 'Bobbi and the Strays' and my husband spoke with Bobbi. She has some cats pulled from their Euth list coming in, so can't immediately take Mia. But she told us if we could find someone to Foster Mia for a little while, she would.
We are trying to weigh our options-she will lend us a cage if we want to take her til she can. Our big issue is that Natalie is just home yesterday from major surgery, and we have her on one room. Our two boys are FIV+, and though healthy, for the most part, do have immune systems that are a little more 'delicate' than most.
We live in a 2 room apartment so there is the front room where the living room/stove/frige/sink is, and then the bedroom, where Natalie is. 4 cats in this space is tight. Bringing in a 5th with one recovering form major surgery is chancing it.

Mia looks like she belonged to someone. Shes a very lovely cat. This rescue has been helpful to us in the past, and I know they will find her a home. CACC does what they can, but they do euth when they run out of room.

Would anyone be willing to foster this kitty til Bobbi can take her in?

Thanks,
Debbie and James and the furkids!
[notify]

Orange Ruffy

The Baboo Kitty- has Spoken!

Purred: Sun Jan 30, '11 7:13am PST 
Update-a happy one! Mia got a home!happy dance
[notify]