GO!

Adoptable, Beautiful, Underweight Kitty in VA

This is a special section for cats needing new homes and for inspiring stories of cats that have found their furever home through Catster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of cat! If you are posting about a cat that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Catster's cat adoption center!

Belle - Rest In- Peace

Chasing mice in- heaven

Purred: Tue Jan 18, '11 11:08am PST 
I just want to do a little pr for a cat whom I have just seen posted on the website for the shelter where I rescued two kitties a few weeks ago. I got a Himalayan who was seriously underweight and who is just now coming back to life with a good regular diet.

This cat is also clearly beautiful and scarily underweight. She also has that sad shelter look. She would probably bounce back quickly with a good owner and proper nutrition. If anyone is interested, they can go and meet her. Her name is Missy. She is at the Lynchburg SPCA/Humane Society in Lynchburg, VA. It is an easy shelter to adopt from, and quite inexpensive ($45-60), and generally pretty healthy, but they do get some underweight cats. As I said, I just want to give her a bit of pr, especially having looked at her third photo. She obviously needs a home. She is definitely a kitty who would interest me if I had any more room.

Again: Missy at the Lynchburg, VA SPCA.
http://www.lynchburghumanesociety.org/index.php?pid=69
[notify]

Belle - Rest In- Peace

Chasing mice in- heaven

Purred: Thu Jan 20, '11 11:26am PST 
Wow, Missy is no longer among the website's adoptable cats. I sure hope that she got adopted. I'll definitely post again if I see any other needy beauties on there. (They are all wonderful, but she looked like she wouldn't make it long if she did not get into a regular home quickly).
[notify]

Belle - Rest In- Peace

Chasing mice in- heaven

Purred: Mon Jan 24, '11 8:08am PST 
Update: She is back on the website for whatever reason.
[notify]