GO!

There is a cat that needs help on Petfinders in Ca.

This is a special section for cats needing new homes and for inspiring stories of cats that have found their furever home through Catster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of cat! If you are posting about a cat that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Catster's cat adoption center!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Bella My- Beautiful- Angel

Mommys Kitty- Girl! I know- I\'m loved!

Purred: Fri Jan 7, '11 12:10pm PST 
Hi everyone,
I was browsing Petfinders the other day and came upon a post from someone seeking to try to find a home/rescue a cat. I am so distressed by the situation-the cat is living on the street, and has been put into risky situations-that in NY I'm willing to try and help somehow...I can make a donation, but with 4 cats in a 2 bedroom apartment in NY, and this kitty and situation in California, I'm a little limited.

I'm wondering if anyone in the California area could help as well?

the kitty is listed as a Scottish fold but looks like a Persian to me, not that it matters.

If anyone can help, let me know, please! I want to know how this kitty fares, and am willing to help as much as I can.

the link is here: http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/17888149?mtf=1
[notify]

Penn & Teller

Masters of The- Multiverse

Purred: Fri Jan 7, '11 1:36pm PST 
I had to track it down because the links not work for me on my iPad. Is this the kitty living in the truck? cry
I'm appalled at the "not serious but limping" comment. The shelter care paper they send you home with here for new cat owners say one of the things you rush cats to the emergency room for is limping.
Why don't you call the other purebred rescue centers I see listed in CA on Petfinders? Maybe they'll come scoop up the cat. I even see one that rescued some cats from another shelter. I dont mean to sound harsh but the shelter listing this kitty doesn't sound like it's taking care of her.

Edited by author Fri Jan 7, '11 1:41pm PST

[notify]

Purred: Sat Jan 8, '11 5:43am PST 
They are a rescue group, don't have a shelter, and I think they operate pretty hand to mouth. I emailed them, and gave them our phone numbers. We're in NY, but feel she's a very adoptable cat. She is listed as a Scottish Fold mix, but looks Persian too.

We don't have much money, but would get her ourselves and foster her, and are willing to do that here, and try to get her a home if there is no other way. However, we aren't wealthy and live in a 2 room-kitchen/living room with seperate bedroom and 4 cats, 2 with FIV+ and 2 elderly lady cats. Still, we want to help. We were just hoping someone in that area might be able to do more, more quickly.

We took our last kitty, who's an elderly lady and due for surgery this week, from a local rescue. Many rescues are just people who care with foster homes for the kitties, and not much money. We'd be willing to contribute toward her vetting, if nothing else.
[notify]

Alex (sweet- angel girl)

Angel on a- mission!

Purred: Sat Jan 8, '11 8:35am PST 
Hi Bella, we know several cat lovers in CA so we're going to put the word out. I hope we can be of help, this is terrible! frown
[notify]

Petipaw

I love the- foster kittens &- they love me

Purred: Sat Jan 8, '11 9:47am PST 
I know that as a rescue group we get many appeals for help from people. Sometimes if we are not able to place the animal in one of our foster homes we post them for adoption for the person. This post looks like a small rescue group that is posting and asking for someone to foster this kitty as well as looking for a home for her. I will send purrs her way from Northern CA.
[notify]

Alex (sweet- angel girl)

Angel on a- mission!

Purred: Sun Jan 9, '11 5:35pm PST 
Guess what everyone! I just put the word out yesterday to a couple of friends in California who LOVE LOVE LOVE cats and we have a taker! This woman is contacting Petfinder asap and someone is working with her on transport. So we're close to a happy ending! I hope it all works out, these women are terrific and could not stand to see this kitty like this. I'll keep you posted! Keep your paws crossed and purr hard everyone. way to go
[notify]

Purred: Mon Jan 10, '11 11:38am PST 
Alex,
Please keep me updated! 'Creature' has been on my husband's and my minds all weekend. My Bella came from what we presume was an abandonment situation, and Creature went right to my heart. If only we weren't so far away! But please let me know if there is anything we can do to help!

Thanks,
Debbie and James with Bella, Ruffy, Smokie-boo and of course, Natalie the NatCat (our newest).
[notify]

Alex (sweet- angel girl)

Angel on a- mission!

Purred: Mon Jan 10, '11 6:32pm PST 
Hi Bella, I haven't heard anything today but I was getting cc's of their emails back and forth last night (from people I don't even know, LOL) and they were trying to make arrangements for transport and this woman Mary Dee really wanted her. They were all upset about her situation and wanted her badly. I guess we'll have to keep checking her page to know for sure. I'll let you know if I find out anything, you keep an eye on the page too okay? I don't know if I'll hear back from these people.
[notify]

Alex (sweet- angel girl)

Angel on a- mission!

Purred: Tue Jan 11, '11 8:42am PST 
Guys you aren't going to believe this but that strung out owner refuses to give her up. She says the cat's fine! I'm wondering if the person interested can call animal control and site her for abuse with the way that cat looks.
[notify]

Purred: Wed Jan 12, '11 11:36am PST 
Alex,
I have had this happen before with someone I talked into letting me place their cat. If it wasn't Ca, it sounds so similar I would wonder it wasn't the same person. PS, alot of talking to the person, and letting them understand that I was interested in helping the cat, and helping her (I gave her $100), and lots of talking and showing showing her pictures of my cats, and giving her the number of the place I was taking her for vet care (I even offered for her to come with me) she finally, finally gave me the cat.
Alot of times homeless people hang onto cats/dogs (well, dogs sometimes for protection, too) so they can get more money from people on the street if they are panhandling.
I am willing to donate some money if it will help to 'buy' the kitty and get her to her new home. This lady who's strung out' may feel she loves the kitty and it may be the only being left in the world who loves her. If we help the lady, or offer to, somehow, maybe we can help the kitty?
Please let them know I'm willing to pitch in, if needed. (the cat sitting on one of my blankets at home came from a similar place).
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2