GO!

So this stray cat walks into my house...

This is a special section for cats needing new homes and for inspiring stories of cats that have found their furever home through Catster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of cat! If you are posting about a cat that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Catster's cat adoption center!

Mixie

Cats canes- regula

Purred: Thu Dec 9, '10 8:36pm PST 
...and now won't leave! I think it's a boy, but I can't tell. Maybe 6 months old. I was amused about how friendly he was to me (walked right up and started to purr) and on a lark let him walk into my house when I came in, figuring he'd check out the livingroom, get freaked by the smells of my 3 cats and dog, and get the heck out. NOOOOOOO. He's explored the whole house, played chasing games with my yorkie mix, found out where the food, water, and litter box is, and has decided he wants to stay. We keep putting him out, he stakes our front door, and darts in the first chance he gets. The last two times we tried to put him back out he jumped back in before we could get the door closed, lol. Soooo...man, I already have three cats (all taken in as strays) and don't want another. I'd like to find him a home but don't know the first thing to do. Suggestions?
[notify]

BK

Ambassador at- the Kitty U.N.

Purred: Fri Dec 10, '10 5:16am PST 
You may not want another cat but I'm not sure he's giving you a choice! laugh out loud

One thing I would do is get him to the vet quickly if he's near your cats. He'll need to be tested for a few things to keep everyone safe.
[notify]

Mixie

Cats canes- regula

Purred: Sat Dec 11, '10 8:36am PST 
I'm going to have to do something. Get him checked out, shots, fixed, a home. *sigh*
[notify]

Mixie

Cats canes- regula

Purred: Sun Dec 12, '10 8:11pm PST 
Stray cat has a brother, lol. (Which we already knew but thought he was skittish.) That brother got over his shyness and now we have TWO usurpers upsetting the house felines.

I put a craig's list ad, we'll see what happens. If I don't get any bites, I'll be forced to take them to the animal shelter. frown
[notify]

Merlin- >PAWS<- [In Loving

Purred: Mon Dec 13, '10 3:41pm PST 
I hope you're not advertising them as "free to a good home"! That's how hoarders and people with nasty intentions get their cats and dogs. Ask a small fee - maybe $20, with the proviso that you'll return the money when the adopters bring you proof of spaying/neutering. Please, please, *please* do not go the "free to a good home" route! The chances of the free home being "good" are *not* good!
[notify]