GO!

URGENT help needed for kitten!

This is a special section for cats needing new homes and for inspiring stories of cats that have found their furever home through Catster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of cat! If you are posting about a cat that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Catster's cat adoption center!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Penny

Purred: Wed Dec 1, '10 9:23am PST 
I was recently rescued from a dumpster with my other surviving sibling. I am approximately 6 weeks old and have since been fostered, and waiting for a permanent home. However, I have since come up positive with ringworm and my foster mom can not afford to treat it along with the other animals I have infected. I am looking for any advice or assistance that may be able to fix this. The local SPCA, though a no-kill shelter, are still able to terminate based on risk to other animals. Ringworm happens to fall in this category though it is not life-threatening. Please help!!!
[notify]

Willow

I Believez!

Purred: Wed Dec 1, '10 11:26am PST 
Ringworm is not expensive to treat - and your foster Mom can keep you isolated. Hoping things work out
[notify]

Penny

Purred: Thu Dec 2, '10 8:02am PST 
Ringworm is expensive to treat when I go to work part time and also have to treat a dog. Dips are $150 each plus an office visit with three dips needed per animal. And I was hooping to get a new home as I am not allowed to stay with my foster mother permanently.it is a lot to spend on a cat that is not staying with you...
[notify]

Penny

Purred: Thu Dec 2, '10 8:03am PST 
Ringworm is expensive to treat when I go to work part time and also have to treat a dog. Dips are $150 each plus an office visit with three dips needed per animal. And I was hooping to get a new home as I am not allowed to stay with my foster mother permanently.it is a lot to spend on a cat that is not staying with you...
[notify]

Penny

Purred: Thu Dec 2, '10 8:04am PST 
[notify]

Other posts by this user

Purred: Thu Dec 2, '10 12:14pm PST 
If you can afford to treat the cat take the cat to the Animal Protective league for adoption, they will treat and re-home.
[notify]

Other posts by this user

Purred: Thu Dec 2, '10 12:16pm PST 
If you can't afford to treat for the ringworm - take to Animal Protective League - they should be able to treat, and re-home.
[notify]

Other posts by this user

Purred: Thu Dec 2, '10 12:17pm PST 
If you can't afford to treat for the ringworm - take to Animal Protective League - they should be able to treat, and re-home.
[notify]

Other posts by this user

Purred: Thu Dec 2, '10 6:58pm PST 
You can check on the web for treatments for ringworm for cats, there are home remedies available, but I don't know about the garlic mentioned this could be harmful to pets. They mention a shampoo called nizoral, I know this is available over the counter in a lower dosage, the pharmacist may give you some suggestions, but again, be careful about the dosage. You need to be careful around the cat - humans can get ringworm from their pets. If you are the person who is in a war zone, on or near a military base, maybe the doctors there would give or prescribe something. Hope this helps.
[notify]

Dillon-Caesa- r-Charmin-So- crates

The Clan

Purred: Thu Dec 2, '10 11:05pm PST 
Where the heck is the kit located?
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2