GO!

Do Cats Go Gray?

Share advice for keeping your aging cat happy and healthy

Kashi

Purred: Sat Jun 7, '14 9:13am PST 
For a variety of sad reasons we never really had many pets into old age. Now I realize that some of the flock are close to ten. Interesting because I never saw it before...
I didn't realize how fur color changes. I guess it's the same idea as human hair. I was just petting Stumpy, a tuxedo and she has white hairs running through her whole coat that weren't there before.
Sophie an AmStaff has always had a brown/black snout. Now around her nose and eyes I see gray.
Part of life I supposecry Oh just have to believe they still have many good years left.

Edited by author Sat Jun 7, '14 9:14am PST

[notify]

Delyte, Dark- Angel, at- Bridge

Me and my- person, together- against all

Purred: Sun Jun 8, '14 10:47pm PST 
This is Delyte. Not only do cats go grey or white--most noticeable on black cats like me--but they can develop white streaks where fur grows over a damaged area. I had a big white streak on my stomach from my surgery when I was ten years old. I also developed a white spot on my left side which was where the tumor was anchored inside my body to the abdominal wall. My person wishes she had taken closeup pictures of them before I went to the Bridge, where now my fur is jet black and young again. Purrs to you and many years of life ahead. cat on moon
[notify]