GO!

Weight Loss

Share advice for keeping your aging cat happy and healthy

(Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 34)  
1  2  3  4  
Gigio

Sweet Boy

Purred: Mon Mar 5, '12 9:45pm PST 
Have they tested your thyroid? My brother Mufasa was a great eater he ate more that Pixie, Pebbles, and me!!! but her was really skinny, my mommy tried everything but the vet told her that it was his thyroid that was out of control. Because he was a stray, my mommy did not know how long he had this untreated condition but as soon as the vet diagnosed Mufasa with hyperthyroid he got medications and put on a couple of pounds.
[notify]

Winnie- (Angel)

Purred: Wed Mar 7, '12 4:25am PST 
hi Gigio, yes i've had my thyroid tested 4 times in the last year, had it done twicw in one week because the vet didn;t believe the results but they showed no problems.
[notify]

Dexter - Angel DB- #58B

Buddy Bear!

Purred: Wed Mar 7, '12 2:36pm PST 
I also was losing a lot of weight (used to weigh 15 lbs.). My thyroid always tested normal, but I had a lump on my neck, was vomiting, and always hungry. I was put on methimazole anyway, because sometimes the tests don't detect it. I have now gained 2 lbs. back and no longer vomit. I'm going to be 19 years old in May. I also have IBD, pancreatitis, and kidney disease, but I think methimazole is giving me some more quality time.
[notify]

Edison The- Angel

With love from- Mommy: 1995 - 2013

Purred: Mon Mar 12, '12 6:08pm PST 
Edison is on methimazole too - he's not gaining any weight, but every cat is different, so don't let that scare you. He also has kidney and liver issues, and prefers to nap more than eat since he's 16 &1/2. And let's put it this way - the methimazole may be keeping him from dropping any more weight, so that's a good way to look at it.

I hope all goes well for you!
[notify]

(Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 34)  
1  2  3  4