GO!

How much to feed kittens?

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your cat's diet, please contact your vet!

The Thompson- Zoo

Whatever it- is....we didn't- do it!

Purred: Mon Apr 21, '14 9:32pm PST 
I am still new to raw, feeding 2 of my 5 kitties raw, started the end of January. Have been feeding my dogs raw since 2010. Anyways we will be adding a little foster kitten to our family permanently. She is 7 weeks old. How much should I be feeding her? She eats whatever is put in front of her at the moment and she LOVES raw, steals it from the big cats and the dog lol, so I have been feeding her mostly raw food. I just like to prepare meals ahead of time and was wondering how much I should be feeding the little squirt a day? She is about 1# 5oz right now.
[notify]

BK

Ambassador at- the Kitty U.N.

Purred: Tue Apr 22, '14 5:05am PST 
Kittens are pretty much bottomless pits, mol. They have (and use) so much energy that they can easily eat twice as much as a full grown cat. I would experiment and let her eat as much as she wants. Then after a week or two you can gauge how much you'll need per day.
[notify]

Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Tue Apr 22, '14 9:08am PST 
What BK said laugh out loud Leroy ate 4 oz of raw food per day as a kitten, 2 oz in the morning and 2 oz in the evening. He needed a lot of food to keep his zoomies going laugh out loud As he got older his appetite changed. He wouldn't eat 2oz for a meal (left food in the bowl) so Human gave him 1 oz. These days Leroy eats 1 oz three times a day.

So just feed your kitten as much as he wants and adjust the amount and number of meals as needed as he grows up smile
[notify]