GO!

Kittens and Raw Food Diet

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your cat's diet, please contact your vet!

Purred: Tue Feb 4, '14 5:00am PST 
We are adopting a very young kitten(about 5 weeks old) and I was wondering at what age I should begin to introduce a raw diet? I plan to grind it all. I just don't want to make the kitten sick seeing as it will not have mom's milk to supplement...thinking
[notify]

BK

Ambassador at- the Kitty U.N.

Purred: Tue Feb 4, '14 7:26am PST 
I don't know much about kittens that young, but I think that you can start as soon as the kitten eats solid food. I would just start it on raw as soon as it's old enough. You have a good ground recipe? I use the one by Dr. Pierson on catinfo.org - it's well balanced and contains everything they need.
[notify]

Purred: Tue Feb 4, '14 8:08am PST 
Thank you! Dr. Pierson's recipe is the one that I plan on doing. I came across her website when I was researching feline diabetes last year. My cat of 14 years became diabetic after the vet gave her steroid injections. Unfortunately we had to put her to sleep because her health deteriorated very quickly. I won't make the same mistake of feeding kibble to this kitty!
[notify]