GO!

raw fed kittens

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your cat's diet, please contact your vet!

Purred: Mon Sep 2, '13 1:30am PST 
So I slacked on getting my cats fixed, and my girl cat just had six kittens. All my cats are fed raw so I can't feasibly wean the babies on regular cat food. I don't want to put them in homes where their special diet isn't going to be respected. Does anyone know of a place I can go to find homes for kittens that have been weaned in raw food? I don't want to start them off right only to have them adopted into homes where people don't care, but I can't keep all six. Any help or.advice would.be appreciated!
[notify]

BK

Ambassador at- the Kitty U.N.

Purred: Mon Sep 2, '13 4:30am PST 
My feeling is that finding homes is a bigger priority than diet. I don't know about your area but here there are way more kittens than homes and your irresponsibility has added to the problem. I appreciate that you want the best for your kittens and I applaud that you're feeding all your kids a species appropriate diet, but you're not doing them any favors in restricting their potential pool of homes. I feed raw to my cats, but my fosters get canned because finding homes is hard enough and it doesn't seem fair to them or their potential adopters who may not feed them the way I do.
[notify]

Toby

Raw fed &- polydactyl!

Purred: Mon Sep 2, '13 6:47am PST 
Post ads informing about kittens and offering to teach those who would adopt/who are interested, but other than that, just be sure to find them good homes. You can't force people to feed their cats a certain way.
[notify]