GO!

How long do you leave your raw out

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your cat's diet, please contact your vet!

EskimoJo

The Eskimo- Kisser

Purred: Sat Jul 6, '13 10:24pm PST 
How long do you typically leave your raw food out? Iv been leaving it out about 6-9 hours average as it takes them time the eat it and I'm gone for 7-9 hrs out of the day as i do not have set work hours, once we are not busy i can go home.
I usually feed them before I leave 9am and then around 8-9 pm. I throw out whats left clean the bowls and feed. Im just switching them to raw so I feed can food every other morning or so. Which also gets left out. Usually in the morning EskimJo will follow me in the bathroom (where I feed them) and start to eat some [if any] of whats left in the bowls before I pick them up

I was wondering how long you think it safe to leave out
[notify]

BK

Ambassador at- the Kitty U.N.

Purred: Sun Jul 7, '13 3:40am PST 
I know a lot of people worry about bacteria and pick up uneaten food within 20 minutes, but I don't really worry about it and I've never had a problem. BK will sometimes eat in stages and hours can go by before he finishes. If they're not vomiting or having stinky poop I think you're ok.
[notify]

Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Sun Jul 7, '13 4:19am PST 
5 minutes, if that smile Leroy and Emma gobble up with raw food right away.
[notify]

Toby

Raw fed &- polydactyl!

Purred: Sun Jul 7, '13 6:41am PST 
Toby eats twice a day (early morning, late afternoon) and usually picks through his meals during the day/night. From the time I put down a meal, he usually finishes it within 4 hrs; if he doesn't finish it within this time frame, he tends not to touch it.

He has no problems from food left out and neither do I.
[notify]

EskimoJo

The Eskimo- Kisser

Purred: Sun Jul 7, '13 8:30pm PST 
Thanks that makes me feel better. Every time I leave it just wondering if its okay but feel like it would be fine as they probably don't always eat it all in the 'wild'. Just wanted others opinion
[notify]