|Purred: Mon Feb 18, '13 11:07am PST |
|Here's my method:
1. Purchase FortiFloria made by Purina. It's a little good gut bacteria in powder form, coated in the yummy taste that gets cats addicted to dry food.
2. Purchase pill pockets. I'd get chicken flavor for dogs if they make them, because my cat prefers chicken, and you get more for your money's worth with the dog pill pockets.
3. Pinch off a tiny tiny picece of the pill pocket -- think like you're playing with Play-doh or something. Certainly do NOT use the entire pocket. Depending upon the size of the pill, I take a ball of pill pocket maybe the size of a pea at largest -- ie the size of a kibble at biggest.
4. Smooth the pill pocket you've pinchef off flat, wrap the pill in there, and make sure it's well covered.
5. Roll the pill pocket (now with pill) until coated in forti flora powder.
At this point, your cat may take it. If your cat knows a trick, then do the trick and then give the pocket as a reward.
If your cat still won't go for it, get out two "normal" treats. A little bit of freeze dried chicken or freeze dried shrimp. Whatever it it, it better be yummy.
Put the first, yummiest treat on the floor right in front of your cat.
Right as your cat STARTS eating it, put the pill pocket next in line.
Right as your cat STARTS eating the pill pocket, put the last treat in line.
The trick is the cat sees there's another goodie right there, so they just swallow those pieces whole.
Edited by author Mon Feb 18, '13 11:09am PST
|my posts | my page | msg me | gift me | become friends|| [notify]|