GO!

Cornish hen bones? which ones are safe?

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your cat's diet, please contact your vet!

Osinka

Purred: Sat Nov 17, '12 9:53am PST 
Hello catsters,
I was wondering about which bones are safe to give to kitties without grinding. Most of them seem to be pretty small and soft, but I am still afraid to that my cats might break their teeth...
[notify]

BK

Ambassador at- the Kitty U.N.

Purred: Sat Nov 17, '12 10:29am PST 
All bones are safe as long as they're not cooked. It will take a cat a while to build up enough jaw strength to chew them, but they'll just leave behind whatever is too big or hard once they've gnawed them. Weight-bearing bones like legs and thighs are probably too big but ribs, necks and wings are all fine.
[notify]

Osinka

Purred: Sun Nov 18, '12 11:04am PST 
ah, thanks so much!!! I was really concerned about that, thought calcium from bones is so important for their diet.
[notify]

BK

Ambassador at- the Kitty U.N.

Purred: Sun Nov 18, '12 4:25pm PST 
Bones are a very important part of raw feeding. Just follow the guidelines: 80% muscle meat, 10% bone, 5% liver and 5% other secreting organ and you'll be fine!
[notify]

Purred: Sat Nov 24, '12 9:38pm PST 
I am totally agree with what you said,but my English is poor, sometiomes I don't know how to express my feeling,I just want to make some friends who can help me in my English and share the happiness with each other.