GO!

Not digesting raw food

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your cat's diet, please contact your vet!

Osinka

Purred: Sat Sep 15, '12 4:53am PST 
Hello ,
I started giving my kitten raw food. When she at about 4 months and she was perfectly fine eating eat and loved it. But after some time she started vomiting from ear. So I stopped. I was giving her catinfo recipe ( my older cat raised on raw food was fine). Vomiting occurs even when I give pure liver or hearts. So she was in canned food and cooked chicken diet, but I really want to switch her back to healthy raw food.
Do you think it is possible that my kitten simply cannot digest raw food, or I needed a smoother transition with her and should try again somehow...
[notify]

Allen

Just one of- Auntie Crazy's- crew.

Purred: Sat Sep 15, '12 12:37pm PST 
I think we have way too little info to make any kind of reasoned guess as to why your kitty was vomiting. It is, however, extremely unlikely she suddenly stopped being able to digest her natural diet.

This "Troubleshooting the Transition" article may offer you some helpful advice: http://catcentric.org/nutrition-and-food/raw-feeding/troubleshooting -the-transition/

Best regards.

AC
[notify]