GO!

Raw portions

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your cat's diet, please contact your vet!

Smitty

Purred: Tue Jun 5, '12 10:12am PST 
I just started my 2 kitties on raw. What do you guys recommend for portions? I want to make sure I'm feeding them enough! big grin
[notify]

Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Tue Jun 5, '12 11:18am PST 
You can start with 1 ounce meal portions and adjust from there smile If you are making your own food you can portion out the food into 1 ounce servings and freeze them. I think you can buy small ice cream scoops that are 1 ounce in size and maybe small plastic food storage containers that are 1 ounce in size thinking

Human's Leroy eats 3 oz of food a day (1 oz three times a day) and Emma eats 2 oz of food a day (1 oz twice a day). That is all the food they want to eat per day. No piggies here laugh out loud They eat Nature's Variety raw.

Edited by author Tue Jun 5, '12 11:18am PST

[notify]

Olivia,- Tanner, &- Finn

The Dyna Cats!

Purred: Tue Jun 5, '12 4:36pm PST 
It really all depends on the cat - their age, activity level, etc.

For example, Olivia is an eight year old spayed female. She is moderately active. She weighs ten pounds give or take, and while a tad heavier than I think is ideal, she is by no means fat or even technically overweight. She eats about an ounce and a half twice per day.

Tanner is a six year old neutered male. Again, moderately active. He weighs twelve and a half pounds, and, like Olivia, he is probably within a quarter pound of what I think his ideal weight probably is, but certainly not heavy. He eats about 4 ounces or so per day, split into two meals.

And then Finn, who is two and a half, also weighs ten pounds, and is a much smaller framed cat than either of the other two, and he probably eats about six or seven ounces, sometimes more, per day, and is a spot-on perfect weight. He's more active than the other two, though, and also just has a crazy fast metabolism.
[notify]