GO!

cornish hen parts

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your cat's diet, please contact your vet!

Tigger

Knead softly &- carry a big purr

Purred: Mon May 14, '12 5:34pm PST 
Whenever I cut up raw chicken, I give my boys some of the meat, and I give the outside kitties fat & meat scraps. I cut some cornish hens in half, and I wonder can I give the outside kits the back spine, or the neck that came with the gizzards? I have it in fridge, cause I wanted to ask first - don't want to hurt them - only trying to give em a free meal every day! cheer
[notify]

Tigger

Knead softly &- carry a big purr

Purred: Tue May 15, '12 7:19am PST 
I saw on another post that BK gives chicken necks, so I am going to assume the cornish hen necks are ok. I just wonder about the backs/spine, as I cut them apart when I split the hens in half. I don't want the outside kitties to choke or anything. I hope I can get an answer today, otherwise I am tossing them out.shrug
[notify]

BK

Ambassador at- the Kitty U.N.

Purred: Wed May 16, '12 8:44am PST 
They won't choke - all parts of a game hen are edible and the outdoor cats will probably be thrilled! If they don't have the jaw strength to crunch them they may leave them behind, but somehow I don't think this will be a problem.
[notify]