GO!

Considering raw... are these brands good?

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your cat's diet, please contact your vet!

KitKat

Canned Food- Connoisseur

Purred: Tue Apr 24, '12 4:56pm PST 
Hey guys. I am considering feeding my 3 cats a raw diet, but I know next to nothing about feeding raw so I'm concerned about the food quality. The only store in my area that carries raw food carries Nature's Variety Instinct, HealthyPaws, Homemade4Life, The Ultimate Diet and Urban King. I don't know if any of you have heard of any of them, but some input would be greatly appreciated if you have. I don't want to just go out and buy anything because I want to make sure it's healthy, and I'm sadly lacking knowledge in cat nutrition.
[notify]

Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Tue Apr 24, '12 6:13pm PST 
Nature's Variety Instinct Raw
Aunt Jeni's Home Made 4 Life Raw
Healthy Paws
Urban King

I couldn't find a web site for The Ultimate Diet shrug

Nature's Variety Instinct is a good brand way to go Some people feel that it contains too many fuits and veggies and that the bone content is too high which can cause constipation shrug Human feeds her cats this brand of food and has never had any constipation issues. You can sign up on the Nature's Variety web site to recieve emails with coupons smile Sometimes there are coupons for $3 off the raw food or free trial sized bags.

I've never heard of the other brands of raw food shrug

The Healthy Paw one doesn't look like a complete diet. They sell bone, necks, organs, etc but no complete diet. You would have to do a "frankenprey model diet" to get all your vitamins and minerals.
[notify]

BK

Ambassador at- the Kitty U.N.

Purred: Wed Apr 25, '12 2:29pm PST 
If you're interested in learning more about raw feeding I highly recommend catinfo.org. There you'll also find out how to do it yourself if you don't want to buy pre-made raw. And if you need any help with a Frankenprey model don't hesitate to ask here!
[notify]

Quagmire

Giggity giggity- goo!

Purred: Tue May 1, '12 7:48am PST 
Our local pet store has Two Dogs Raw - don't let the name fool you! It's pretty awesome.
[notify]