GO!

getting sick but wanted to start raw...

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your cat's diet, please contact your vet!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2  
Blade

Purred: Tue Aug 23, '11 10:48am PST 
They are 3-4 months right now. They seem to be able to eat it, but they don't seem interested in the bone at all. To be honest I have not been smashing it up yet, as I can not find a hammer red face. This is turning out to be a lot of work. I was hoping they'd take to eating it whole... Hopefully they will learn.

When I feed whole, they mainly lick it but they are learning to eat it. But when I feed whole or with bones they drag it away from the bowl across the room meanwhile growling. It's quite the sight actually... Moppie has learnt to stay away while Blade has the food. Blade growls at him from across the room as Moppie watches him eat. And when Blade doesn't want to guard it he'll pick it up and run. laugh out loud Meanwhile I'm trying to keep them off the carpet, but not really succeeding, lol.
[notify]

BK

Ambassador at- the Kitty U.N.

Purred: Wed Aug 24, '11 5:31am PST 
The running and growling is typical kitten with raw behavior and it's very funny! The carpet, not so much. laugh out loud
It sounds like they're getting it. Have you tried something small, or softer, like ribs?
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2