GO!

FOODZ

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your cat's diet, please contact your vet!

Pharaoh- Purrince Tao- DIT#33

Qreus Mynd

Purred: Fri Aug 5, '11 2:22pm PST 
I ALWAYS EAT HOOMAN FOODZ IN MAH MEALS SUCH AS COOKD CHKN, BEEF AN FISHEZ MIXD WIF RICE. CUZ KAT FOODZ ARENT AVAILABLE IN R COUNTRY. I DOAN LIEK RICE VRY MUTCH THAZ Y TEH PORSHUNS OV PROTEINS AN CARBOHYDRATE IZ 2:1. I CANT DRINK MILK AS IT CAUSEZ DIARRHEA. AN I ALSO DOAN LIEK VEGEZ AN ANY KIND OV DRY FOODZ. I DRINK WATR WHENEVR IM THIRSTY AN DAT IZ AT LEAST WAN TIEM/DAI. ANYBODY HAS ANY IDEA ON WUT ELSE I CAN EAT?
[notify]

BK

Ambassador at- the Kitty U.N.

Purred: Sat Aug 6, '11 4:39am PST 
What a beautiful girl! I would eliminate the rice if you can - she doesn't need it and can't really digest it. The best thing you could do is feed her a raw diet - it seems like you're pretty close to that anyway. Check out catinfo.org for why a raw diet is best and how can you can go about it. And if you want some further info you can check out this article I wrote to help you get started: http://www.ibdkitties.net/rawinstructions.html
Good luck!
[notify]

Qreus Mynd

Purred: Sat Aug 6, '11 4:58am PST 
THX. SO U SAY, DAT I SHUD TOTALLY AVOID RICE?? AN I HERD DAT KITTEHS CAN EAT VEGEZ AN EGG YOLK. BUT IF THEY EF-FUR PUT ANYTHIN BUT CHKN/BEEF/FISH I JUS SNIFF AN RUN AWAY!!!! DO U KNOE Y I DOEZ DIS??
[notify]

BK

Ambassador at- the Kitty U.N.

Purred: Sat Aug 6, '11 5:25am PST 
There's no need for rice, but your diet DOES need to be balanced. You can't just feed a cat table scraps and expect that to be enough. Please check out the links I gave you to see how you can give her a balanced diet and keep her healthy.
[notify]

Simon & Tony

Clinic Cats

Purred: Mon Aug 8, '11 12:41am PST 
I agree with BK. You don't need rice in your diet. That website is very good at explaining the raw diet. There are two types of Raw one includes vegetables and one is meat/bone/organ with no vegetables. Either way you need to do your research and make sure you get it properly balanced.

I just want to add that you should never feed cows milk. Cats are lactose intolerant. If you did want to offer milk, make sure it is lactose free, I believe goats milk is lactose free. Although cats don't need milk, they are fine with water...
[notify]

Qreus Mynd

Purred: Mon Aug 8, '11 3:54pm PST 
thankz guyz!! u guyz were reel halp!!
[notify]