GO!

Raw Diet Advice

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your cat's diet, please contact your vet!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2  
Marley

Purred: Mon Aug 8, '11 8:56pm PST 
Thanks for all the advice. He has been doing great lately so I will try him on bone again this morning. I was just a little hesitant after recently losing my other furry friend and dealing with another sick cat is something I am not ready to handle yet. Thanks again.
[notify]

Amber

I didn't do it!

Purred: Fri Aug 12, '11 11:57pm PST 
If you are still uncomfortable with the idea of giving bone, you could consider grinding the food very finely. I have issues with feeding bone whole because while it is true that cats in the wild consume whole bones, the bones in a mouse or songbird are extremely small compared to chicken bones. I did prey model for a while, but decided it was out of my comfort zone. If you find that it is out of your comfort zone after your experience, ground raw is, IMO, much better than abandoning raw feeding altogether.
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2