GO!

"My Pet Carnivore" Ground Mixes Nutritionally Balanced?

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your cat's diet, please contact your vet!

adler

dirty boy

Purred: Thu Aug 4, '11 11:09am PST 
hello. i have been feeding my dog and cat some commercial premade raw mixes. Both of them developed side effects from the additives of fruits and veggies in the mixes. i am not ready to make their meals all on my own yet, but think i found an alternative. there is a company i can order from called my pet carnivore. they carry some ground whole mixes and i am wondering if these mixes are nutritionally balanced to feed to my dog and cat? also, would it have enough taurine for my cat? i have heard the grinding process depletes levels of nutrients, such as taurine. any thoughts??? thanks.
[notify]

BK

Ambassador at- the Kitty U.N.

Purred: Thu Aug 4, '11 11:53am PST 
I looked at their website and because they grind the whole animal, in theory, this is a completely balanced meal. The only issue is the exact one you mentioned - is anything lost in the grinding or freezing? You could always add some extra taurine to the ground mix to be sure. It wouldn't harm the dog and it's water soluble so the cats would flush out any extra in their system. I'd try it.
[notify]

adler

dirty boy

Purred: Fri Aug 5, '11 11:26am PST 
great. thanks for your response! i'm excited to get them started on it and will place an order soon dancing
[notify]