GO!

Only poultry.

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your cat's diet, please contact your vet!

Oliver

Give me food and- no one gets- hurt!

Purred: Sun Apr 24, '11 12:06pm PST 
Can a cat do fine on a raw diet consisting of just poultry and rabbit? So turkey, chicken, ducks,etc. Of course with organs to the organs seem to be fine but other then that any other meats he vomits. I got Oliver some digestive enzymes to and I have been cutting the pieces really small. Starting tonight I am also going to try to warm the meat up like I used to for snowflake (plastic bag with meat in it and float in some warm water) Also today I cut him back to 1/2 canned and 1/2 raw just for now till I know he can down raw meals I feed him. Taking some steps back in hope that eventually he will be fine.
[notify]

BK

Ambassador at- the Kitty U.N.

Purred: Sun Apr 24, '11 1:11pm PST 
I think poultry and rabbit would be OK, especially if he's eating the dark meat poultry as well as the white meat. And taking a couple steps back to go forward is fine!
[notify]