GO!

If I LOVE this critter, will I love it's organs?

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your cat's diet, please contact your vet!

Penn & Teller

Masters of The- Multiverse

Purred: Tue Apr 19, '11 12:23pm PST 
ok you know I'm still on the "Organ Trail" hah get it?

Anyway we fed the boys rabbit today for the first time and they went CRAZY for it. Is it likely they'll eat rabbit organs? Do you find your cat has an organ source preference? Does it coincide with his meat preference?
[notify]

BK

Ambassador at- the Kitty U.N.

Purred: Tue Apr 19, '11 5:05pm PST 
I say it's worth a try! I'm just not sure how you'll get enough rabbit organs. Can you buy them by themselves?
[notify]

Penn & Teller

Masters of The- Multiverse

Purred: Tue Apr 19, '11 5:26pm PST 
I don't think so but I'm at the point now where I either have to start delivering the organs by syringe or stop feeding raw.

This makes me sad

I may have to order hare today for that.
[notify]

Harvey

Has been COTD!

Purred: Tue Apr 19, '11 5:59pm PST 
Gosh, from the title of this thread, I thought you meant you were going to eat your kitties' organs! I think I live a bit too close to China...
[notify]

BK

Ambassador at- the Kitty U.N.

Purred: Wed Apr 20, '11 5:25am PST 
I can't remember if I've asked you this - have you tried sweetbreads? They're not organ-like at all.
[notify]

Shade

My name is not- Kittyfloss!

Purred: Wed Apr 20, '11 12:35pm PST 
Well, H-T does sell rabbit organs separately from the meat.

To answer to your question about whether our cats eat the organs from the meat they love, for my cats I say yes, except for rabbit liver which they won't very willingly eat. However, the reverse can be true too. I really lucked out and found a package of duck liver and gizzards in the store this past weekend and my guys LOVE it even though they really dislike raw duck.

I think that it's definately worth a shot for you though.

Purrs,
Shade
[notify]