GO!

Frankenprey model

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your cat's diet, please contact your vet!

Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Sat Mar 26, '11 5:35am PST 
Can someone point us to a good web site that explains the frankenprey model raw diet? We thought it was feeding bones, organs, and meat in a ratio similar to that of a mouse's body and no extra vitamin/mineral supplements but someone on a cat board said that was wrong shrug The person said that bones, organs, and meat mixed together is not nutritonally complete and you MUST add extra vitamins and minerals shrug
[notify]

BK

Ambassador at- the Kitty U.N.

Purred: Sat Mar 26, '11 8:10am PST 
There are different opinions but in theory, if you're feeding the correct proportions of muscle meat, bone, liver and other organ, you are feeding a nutritionally complete diet. It's best to get as much variety as possible in your protein sources to cover your bases, but you shouldn't need any supplements.
[notify]

Shade

My name is not- Kittyfloss!

Purred: Sat Mar 26, '11 2:29pm PST 
rawfedcats.org is a site that pertains to only feeding frankenprey
[notify]

Spike

Tubby tabby- love!

Purred: Mon Mar 28, '11 11:03pm PST 
I thought the Frankenprey model was feeding whole animals (defrosted)? Or live feeder mice?
[notify]

Mocha

Purred: Mon Mar 28, '11 11:41pm PST 
That's Whole Prey. Frankenprey refers to the act of 'piecing' together a whole animal to create the illusion of whole prey. So, for example, with Frankenprey to get as close to a whole chicken as possible you would get ahold of legs, wings, organs and whatnot all individually and feed versus just giving them a whole mouse.
[notify]

Spike

Tubby tabby- love!

Purred: Tue Mar 29, '11 6:53am PST 
Ah. Now I understand. Good naming, that.
[notify]

Miss Edith

Oh rly foo?

Purred: Tue Mar 29, '11 12:31pm PST 
Frankenprey is trying to recreate a mouse
[notify]

Harvey

Has been COTD!

Purred: Tue Mar 29, '11 1:10pm PST 
Yum! Does it have those screws in its neck?
shock
[notify]

Miss Edith

Oh rly foo?

Purred: Tue Mar 29, '11 3:19pm PST 
oh man I hope so
[notify]