GO!

Raw-fed kitty needs a home

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your cat's diet, please contact your vet!

Solomon

Purred: Tue Feb 22, '11 3:27pm PST 
I hope it's ok to post this in this forum.

Solomon is a cat at the Beatrice Animal Shelter in Beatrice, Nebraska. We battled chronic diarrhea with him for a very long time - tried everything, medicine, special foods, etc., and nothing helped until someone donated some pre-packaged raw food for him. Within 3-4 days, his diarrhea was gone. This is the only thing that works!

We now make our own food using a kit (Wild Kitty) and ground turkey that we purchase here. He is doing very well on it.

The problem now is finding an adopter who will accommodate his special diet. We live in a small, rural area and for a lot of people, "special diet" means springing for Science Diet or Purina, etc.

I wanted to reach out to the raw food diet community and spread the word about Solomon. He is too awesome to live his life in a shelter. He's a total "shoulder cat" and is just plain sweet.

You can check us out at beatricehumanesociety.com.

We are in Beatrice, Nebraska (southeast). I am willing to help transport, meet someone halfway, etc. in order to find him a home.

Thanks, and let me know if you have any questions!
[notify]

Oscar-Teachi- ng Angels to- Love

With mom from- Oct '97 - Aug '09

Purred: Wed Feb 23, '11 8:35am PST 
Check out the rawcat group on yahoo. Lots of raw feeders out there. My introduction to raw was the exact same: a cat whose diarrhea never ended until I tried raw, and it was gone the next day.
[notify]

Shade

My name is not- Kittyfloss!

Purred: Thu Feb 24, '11 4:08am PST 
Hi Solomon's person. I'm very sorry that I can't help, being in NY and having 3 male cats already, but I want to wish you luck with him. He is a very handsome cat! Raw really does help with a lot of cat's intestinal issues.

Purrs,
Shade
[notify]