GO!

Aggression and other stuff

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your cat's diet, please contact your vet!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2  
Penn & Teller

Masters of The- Multiverse

Purred: Sun Feb 20, '11 11:47pm PST 
You can't trust p/t mice Harv, turnovers too high
[notify]

Harvey

Has been COTD!

Purred: Mon Feb 21, '11 1:12am PST 
Speaking of f/t mice--I assume I can get them here in Japan, but the phrase "never spilled a drop" sort of concerns me. Does this mean ate every bit of the mouse parts, or does this mean that blood comes out? I mean, blood is part of eating raw in the wild, but if I know that blood is going to come out when the f/t mouse is consumed (as opposed to feeding chicken wings, for example), I want to be prepared. I don't want any of my kitties running off with a thawed mouse, leaving a trail of blood down the hallway...
shock
[notify]

Penn & Teller

Masters of The- Multiverse

Purred: Mon Feb 21, '11 11:00am PST 
They do that, so you do need to prepare for it yes. It can get a bit messy. Mine will go about 4 feet and sometimes across the kitchen on a hard piece of wing but I do believe if they had whole prey they'd seek out a better spot further away. Block off a section for eating, so they don't cross it.
[notify]

Chaucer

Purr Bug

Purred: Mon Feb 21, '11 12:41pm PST 
Well, I don't know about with mice, but Chaucer's quail chicks are full of blood and they don't leave a trail across the floor, but they do leave blood blotches if the quail happens to be "leaky" (not all are). Chaucer tends to leave behind 1 or 2 wings and/or 1 or 2 feet, but sometimes eats the entire thing.

Purrs,
Chaucer
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2