GO!

Feline Future is no more

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your cat's diet, please contact your vet!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Toffy

Head of- household

Purred: Mon Oct 11, '10 12:11am PST 
A few weeks ago when Mom clicked on her bookmark for the Feline Future website a page came up that she thought meant that the website was undergoing construction. Yesterday she got the same page. She did a search for Feline Future and clicked on a link to one of the pages in the website (not the homepage) and was surprised to see that the website is now called rawmeatcatfood.com. There is some information about what happened on the website. Vanessa and I just hope that we'll continue to like the premix as much as we always have. Mom thinks they could have come up with a better name for the company. shrug
[notify]

Finnegan- (Finney)

I am a- CARNIVORE! Not a- Cornivore!

Purred: Mon Oct 11, '10 4:54pm PST 
Whoa! Thanks for telling us!confused
[notify]

Shade

My name is not- Kittyfloss!

Purred: Tue Oct 12, '10 4:09am PST 
That's horrible. I always have had respect for that company.
[notify]

♥- Socko- ♥

Beware the lean- mean sock thief!

Purred: Tue Oct 12, '10 4:19pm PST 
Socko haz never heards of Feline Future. Socko sorry tho....
[notify]

Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Tue Oct 12, '10 5:00pm PST 
Toffy wave

Feline Future is a pre-mix. You just add raw meat to it and mix it up. The TC Feline has replaced Feline Future, I guess shrug

Edited by author Tue Oct 12, '10 5:03pm PST

[notify]

Houdini

Hand over the- chicken!

Purred: Thu Nov 25, '10 11:18pm PST 
Oh very sorry to hear this!!!!! Houdini lived many extra years after being dxed with severe IBD. (I think 5 or so). I started feeding FF, and might not have begun if it hadn't been for how gently FF walked us thru the whole thing and the kindness of the ff staff.

--des
[notify]

Killer

Purred: Sat Jan 1, '11 7:00pm PST 
Hi Folks, Yes it is true Feline Future Cat Food is no more. The company in Canada had to declare bancruptcy in September due to legal expenses incurred in a lawsuit brought against it by a former distributor in the U.S. that it could not pay.
Natascha Wille, the original creator of the powdered raw food pre-mix from back in 1999, has developed an updated formula. If you search for TCFeline you will find her Canadian website and lots of raw feeding info. It is still available online and at some stores and Vets throughout the U.S. They no longer sell product into the U.S. but the licensed manufacturer and wholesale distributor in the states is Know Bones Pet Supply. Search for them on the web to find a retailer of the TC products.
[notify]

Tiffany

Purred: Tue Feb 1, '11 8:47am PST 
Ok so after trying to post here for help and having to reg.& log on and not doing to well at this picture loading 2hrs later ...I am not good at this . Wellany help to dispel the confusion please Rawmeatcatfood.com was the name on the first post. Then TC something ( i can not go back to look and then something else run by a woman in Canada. AND I see that an American webstie has taken the name INSTINCTS or Feline INSTINCTS run by some drs,vets, who probably lic the name and sued and won .well who knows , yes but is it the same product? Andrew Lewis talks about Foods Pets Die For. But I read reviews on nutrion and they are the same as they were years ago.I am no vet nor breeder so I never did the raw being afraid . But I have done all the new foods out there. Yet Going back to basics I would like to try again. Its just that doing a cocktail and not really knowing ...cats need specific stuff as do dogs and I wonder which new version of FF will be the best as I did then. TC was mentioned here but all from Canada the originals, the US version I am not sure about. Anyway for me I have always gone back to reading about Michelle Bearnard. To me she is a legend at knowing what to do. And she still has a Kattery as well as being an author. Chk her out. I wonder , she will know what to do as I found out about FF from her site.
[notify]

Gracie

"everything here- belongs to- me..."

Purred: Thu Feb 2, '12 8:29am PST 
If anyone searches and finds this thread, just an FYI the two formulas are very similar - looks like fiber source may be different.

Our kitty was on the first brand (Canadian), now on the competitor (U.S.) but the second brand has a different source of calcium and tends to give her more constipation issues.

Just researched all of the mysterious issues - the website disappearance etc. I am sorry that the two parties had so much legal trouble, there is room in the world for more than one source of raw food pre-mixes. We are going to try the first brand again, although their calcium source has changed in the interim. We shall see.
[notify]

Amber

I didn't do it!

Purred: Thu Feb 2, '12 7:27pm PST 
The owner of the Feline Instincts premix company used to work with Natsasche Wille, and from what I understand stole her recipe and started her own company. I refuse to buy anything from them on princple.

(Former) Feline Future can now be found at TCfeline.com. You cannot buy from this site if you are located outside Canada, but those in the US can order from rawmeatpetfood.com.
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2