GO!

Just a quick question

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your cat's diet, please contact your vet!

Sissy

Don't Move Or I- Will Run

Purred: Sun Sep 30, '07 5:20pm PST 
I dont know if this goes here but I will ask anyways. Me and my husband are fostering a kitten for a week *unless I change my mind and keep her*. Can a cat have canned salmon meat? I have been curious since my parents give it to us all the time and me and my husband hate it.
[notify]

Pooka

Do the Pooka- Polka!

Purred: Mon Oct 1, '07 5:11am PST 
Short answer would be yes. I few meals of canned salmon would be fine. Canned salmon is cooked though, so it will not have all the nutrients that raw salmon would have. A steady diet of canned salmon would leave to deficiencies.
[notify]

Mawu is- looking 4 a- home!

Why are dogs- allowed on this- planet!!!

Purred: Mon Oct 1, '07 9:56am PST 
We use canned jack mackeral as a cheaper fish source. We feed a lot of other things too. So yes as a once every now and then, but no as a sole food source.
[notify]

Sissy

Don't Move Or I- Will Run

Purred: Mon Oct 1, '07 1:23pm PST 
I just put a little bit on top of her food and she is chowing down..She is so tiny that she is the size of the paper plate that she eats off of
[notify]

Nala

Purred: Mon Oct 1, '07 7:38pm PST 
And so CUUUuuuute smile

I like salmon. Other favorites... I liked chicken hearts. I also eat premade raw natures variety medallions, and ground turkey. mackeral as well...

Since i do not consistantly eat raw, I also get instinct grain free canned.
[notify]