GO!

won't eat raw food anymore

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your cat's diet, please contact your vet!

Bellatrix

Purred: Sun Aug 26, '07 8:20am PST 
Help! my mom started feeding me a raw diet 2.5 weeks ago. I ate so much that I put my bigger brothers to shame. Unfortunately, in the last few days, I've only taken a few bites of the raw stuff at each feeding and have been trying to eat my brothers' food instead (they're in the process of being weaned off of the dry stuff and have been eating more and more canned food lately). I usually try to cover up the raw food with a small rug in the kitchen. I still have a healthy appetite but would rather eat the other stuff. What has happened? This started when I was close to finishing the first batch of raw food and has continued to the new batch that my mom just made. Do I really just not like the raw stuff anymore? Has this happened to anyone else?

Edited by author Sun Aug 26, '07 2:38pm PST

[notify]

Pooka

Do the Pooka- Polka!

Purred: Tue Aug 28, '07 6:33am PST 
You may want to wait until everyone is on the same page, foodwise. The smell of the kibble - which is sprayed with all sorts of flavor enhancers - is going to be hard to resist, and yes, they will reject the raw and try to go back to kibble.

Are you planning on having all three cats on kibble? If you are feeding kittens, go ahead and make the switch now. It is much easier to get them on raw when they are young. Pooka was eating ground raw when he was 6 weeks old!
[notify]

Nemo (until- we meet- again)

What\'s for- dinner

Purred: Thu Sep 6, '07 4:59pm PST 
I agree with Pooka. I’ve been a rawer for over a year and a half now. Even though I love raw meats my staff thinks I’d go for kibbles/cans in a hear beat if I had the chance. It’s all the additives/aroma they add to those foods that entice us so much. Wait until everybody is ready to start with raw is a good idea.

Are you the kind of kitties that like to try new foods? Maybe that’s why, too. If that’s the case, your human can try giving you a different kind of protein to keep you interested.

wave
[notify]

Nemo (until- we meet- again)

What\'s for- dinner

Purred: Thu Sep 6, '07 4:59pm PST 
I agree with Pooka. I’ve been a rawer for over a year and a half now. Even though I love raw meats my staff thinks I’d go for kibbles/cans in a hear beat if I had the chance. It’s all the additives/aroma they add to those foods that entice us so much. Wait until everybody is ready to start with raw is a good idea.

Are you the kind of kitties that like to try new foods? Maybe that’s why, too. If that’s the case, your human can try giving you a different kind of protein to keep you interested.

wave
[notify]