GO!

Hazel's Household Hints

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your cat's diet, please contact your vet!

Hazel

Everything's- copacetic

Purred: Fri Aug 24, '07 10:47am PST 
Hey, all! I just discovered something that might be of help to all you premade raw feeders.

Hazel has tendency to want to eat "later", rather than when I first set the food down. "Later" might be four hours after I have gone to work. By that time the premade has become a warm, dry-out mess. Yuck!

What to do? What to do? Suddenly I remembered all these gel cold packs I keep in the freezer for when I use my cooler. I took one out and set it on the cat's table, set the porcelain saucer with the premade on top of it, and - VOILA! - instant cold buffet. The saucer and meat stay nice and cool for hours, or until Hazel makes up her mind to bring her hiney back inside to eat her food.

I keep two-three of these gel packs in the freezer, and just pull out a frozen one when I need it.
[notify]

Lilibet- Squeekietoy- Humphrey

I am the Tiny- Girl!

Purred: Wed Aug 29, '07 7:08pm PST 
Oh, excellent suggestion, Hazel! As the resident "mommycat" here I will tell our big human mommy to do just that. WE like to nibble, too--although when we first got raw several months ago we just went bananas with glee when mommy fed us that great raw stuff (right now it's Nature's Variety Organic Chicken--num, num)!
[notify]