GO!

What's the best pre-prepared raw food out there?

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your cat's diet, please contact your vet!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2  
Frosty

Finally my- forever home!

Purred: Thu Aug 9, '07 7:18pm PST 
Hi All, I too want to switch my cats over to raw fed and did so much reading and did read about Feline Pride which comes in the 2.5 lb containers and supposedly that is a very highly recommended raw food. One of my cats just started eating it without any hesitation but now he is starting to get finicky and some days turns his nose to what he used to love. I tried the chicken and the cornish game hen they all disliked the cornish hen but my one guy will sometimes eat the chicken. The cat who really needs the raw diet for IBD absolutely refuses and after much testing they find she has pancreatitis not ibd but the medications are the same used to treat it. I just dont know what to do for her, she is so finicky I am relieved when she will eat ANYTHING let alone to try and change her diet dramatically. I have resorted to better canned foods and hope this is at least better than supermarket brands but this one is an older cat and with pancreatitis I dont know if I ought to be trying to change anything right now. Any advise on raw formulas or tricks besides the usual go SLOW will be much appreciated! My cats too smell even a tiny smidge of raw in their canned! I did try cooking the raw very little not a good thing I know but at least the entire cornish hens didnt go to waste.
[notify]

Friday- Lucifer

Little Boo,- Airstream Mascot

Purred: Tue Aug 28, '07 8:35pm PST 
I sprinkle Barley Cat (Cat greens) on top of my raw food and that seems to do the trick for Friday :smile
[notify]

Friday- Lucifer

Little Boo,- Airstream Mascot

Purred: Fri Sep 7, '07 11:11pm PST 
I am feeding Primal and Friday really likes it. He hates his regular food and asks for the raw all day long. I've never seen him beg for food before! Anyway, here are the stats, let me know what you guys think.

http://www.primalpetfoods.com/feline/raw_frozen_formula.ht m
[notify]

pearl

did you say- 'meow?'

Purred: Sat Sep 8, '07 4:19pm PST 
i just started pearl on radcat, and she LOVES it. like omar (i think!) said- great ingredients. she's been on it about 2 weeks now and is doing very well, except today i fed her more than usual, and of course she gorged on it and puked it up (easily cleaned up by the dogs, of course! - GROSS). but if i keep it at 2 feedings a day, she does great.
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2