GO!

What's the best pre-prepared raw food out there?

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your cat's diet, please contact your vet!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Natasha

i wanna explore - let me out!

Purred: Wed Jun 27, '07 1:43pm PST 
Well as the Q says what is it? I bought Bravo's chicken formula and they all loved it but before I shell out big bucks on others brands I wanted to hear what everyone else has tried and liked or disliked. Before everyone tells me to make it myself - I do want to - but I'm not ready yet eventually I will make my own mix but until then I'm going with premade - so any opinions?
[notify]

Angel

Angel- Fuffybottom

Purred: Wed Jun 27, '07 2:29pm PST 
I really like Stella and Chewy's premade raw. Their formula is 96% meat and includes bone. They have only one frozen marked for cats. But I spoke with the founder and her husband and they assured me that the cat formula is the same thing as the dog formulas. They have beef, chicken and lamb. I heard that a salmon/chicken formula is in the works as well. Angel has done amazingly well on it. I'm even on their testimonial page big grin

http://www.stellaandchewys.com/

Making your own is a big commitment and it can be very tricky. I know that step is still a few years off for me.
[notify]

Gonzo

Meooow

Purred: Fri Jun 29, '07 4:46pm PST 
I really like Hare Today. They get everything from their very own farm, so we know where everything comes from. They have a huge selection, from duck to turkey to goat. way to go
[notify]

Nya - In loving- memory

Princess- extrordinaire!

Purred: Sat Jun 30, '07 9:09pm PST 
pre-made raw is often made by small companies and is kept pretty regional. For example, my favourite is the Tollden Farms botanical blend (has no veggies, and is 99% meat!) but it's only available in certain parts of Ontario. As is Healthy Paws which Buddy and I ate for years.

So it's hard to say which are the "best" as it really depends on what's available to you!
[notify]

KIRBY-IN- LOVING- MEMORY

I AM KING KIRBY

Purred: Mon Jul 23, '07 6:29pm PST 
♥ Himeow!! We just ordered raw meat from "Feline's Pride" and received it this morning. I'm thawing a container in the fridge and am planning to get Kirby & Kody on all raw. They are going to protest big time (lol) but it's for their own good. Kirby has wheat allergy, plus with all the official and UNofficial recalls, I'm freaked out about what to feed them! They both have been sick and it's either from Purina Cat Chow or their beloved Temptations. I got them some other dry food (cuz they love it in addition to canned) and it's supposed to be great for them, but it has wheat, even tho it's NOT wheat gluten from China, it's from Minnesota. So, no more dry food, took them off all gravy foods & am giving Fancy Feast cans without gravy, and will add 10% raw meat, increasing that every few days until they eat only raw...but with these two, I know it will take a long time cuz I tried giving them raw sirloin a few times & they acted like I was trying to poison them! Lolol!!
The new "Feline's Pride" raw meat I ordered has the bones ground into it and comes frozen in 2.5 Lb. containers. I got them Gourmet Duck, Turkey, Chicken & Cornish Hen! Lol! I'll let you know how it works out!! I canNOT cave and give in to their guilt trips they are certainly gonna lay on me! Lolol! Y'all KNOW what I'm talkin' about! Lol! wavebig grin
[notify]

KIRBY-IN- LOVING- MEMORY

I AM KING KIRBY

Purred: Mon Jul 23, '07 6:37pm PST 
smile P.S. Do any of you know a good all-meat, wheat-free freeze dried treat to feed cats? They miss their Temptations big time! Do you feed any kind of wheat-free treats to your cats?
Thanks a lot!!!
Huggs!
dancing
[notify]

KIRBY-IN- LOVING- MEMORY

I AM KING KIRBY

Purred: Mon Jul 23, '07 6:39pm PST 
P.S.S. OOps I forgot I wanted to ask....Do any of you buy any wheat-free all meat canned foods? What kind & where do you get them? Are your cats doing well health-wise on them? Thanks!!!
[notify]

Kibble

click, chirp,- purr.

Purred: Wed Jul 25, '07 11:42am PST 
Primal is good as is Natures Variety. For the cans: Wellness makes a bunch of grain free, & Variety does too.
[notify]

Pooka

Do the Pooka- Polka!

Purred: Mon Jul 30, '07 7:45pm PST 
Of all the pre-mades, we prefer Bravo, as well. I was looking at a different brand today, and couldn't believe how much filler there was. (I think it was called FarMore). Anyway, it had tons of oatmeal and fruit in it. I mean, what cat needs oatmeal and pear juice? shrug
[notify]

Omar

Is that for- *me*??

Purred: Tue Jul 31, '07 9:34am PST 
I just started feeding raw--and I do mean JUST, within the last month. I've been feeding Omar Radcat, which is made locally in my area. It's available at stores in the NW (Oregon, Washington, Idaho), but I understand they ship also (radfood.com).

I did get a sample of Primal from our local raw food pet supply store (yes, we have a whole store promoting raw food diets!), and there are some others I'd like to try out, but so far, I'm really happy with the Radcat.

The Primal was nice and the "nuggets" they come in seem handy. I like that Radcat is mostly meat, with bone meal, egg, and supplements. No fillers at all. I'm not so sure cats really need veggies, and all Radcat's meats are free-range, not fed antibiotics, etc. But, I am only a beginner at this after all. smile

Oh, and Omar LOVES the raw food.

signed,

Omar's mom
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2