GO!

Cincinnati - Looking for cat sitter for two special needs kitties

This is the place to talk about anything and everything cat-related going on where you are or where you've been with your best furiend! All those who enjoy taking their cats out gather here to share info on local cat-friendly places and find out about meet ups with other cat owners in your area! Check out Catster Local for pet-friendly products and services in your neighborhood!

Frank

Purred: Sun Mar 30, '08 5:11pm PST 
Frank and Omar are two siamese special needs kitties. Omar has CRF and needs to get 150cc of fluids every day. Frank was just diagnosed with severe cardio myopathy and requires medication twice daily. All but one pill can be crushed into his wet food but he still needs to have one pill given via a pill shooter. My husband and I are supposed to go on vacation in June and are looking for a reputable pet sitter with lots of references that can administer fluids and meds. We do not want to kennel them because unfortunately, when Omar is put in a kennel, he refuses to eat. Over the Thanksgiving holiday (a total of four days) he lost almost two pounds - hence the reason for us wanting to leave them home. If you know of anyone who might fit the bill or if you have any resources for me, I would love to hear from you. Thank you.
[notify]

Diego

I'm bringing- sexy back

Purred: Sun Mar 30, '08 8:27pm PST 
I have a suggestion if you have a hard time finding someone. Check with your vets office or other vet offices. Often you will find that the vet techs pet sit. When we still had Furie, she required insulin injections 2x a day and fluids. Our vet tech came over two times a day to giver her medication, food, attention and clean the litter pan.

Good luck
[notify]

Boxie Brown- Forever

Boxie B.- with a- goatee!!

Purred: Mon Mar 31, '08 5:38pm PST 
You can search for pet sitters here
http://www.petsitters.org/

or here

http://www.petsitfinder.com/

Ironically we are also looking for a pet sitter in June, in a Cincinnati suburb. Most in the northern suburbs seem to have questionable backgrounds. Because of Mom's job the person has to be squeaky clean. We have one possibility so far. Let us know if you have any success.

Edited by author Mon Mar 31, '08 5:40pm PST

[notify]