GO!

Ever tried putting your cat on a leash?

This is the place to talk about anything and everything cat-related going on where you are or where you've been with your best furiend! All those who enjoy taking their cats out gather here to share info on local cat-friendly places and find out about meet ups with other cat owners in your area! Check out Catster Local for pet-friendly products and services in your neighborhood!

(Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
1  2  3  4  
Kisu

Japanese Bobtail

Purred: Fri Aug 29, '08 10:27pm PST 
My meowmy wont try it because she is afraid we may like it and try to escape to the outdoors when a door is opened or something.. so she would rather not risk it. Not worth it.
[notify]

Paddy- (Padfoot)

He isn't scrawny- he's leggy!

Purred: Sat Aug 30, '08 10:09am PST 
One of our now angel kittys, walked up the road as good as gold, then went beserk, he ripped the lead and ran home!!!laugh out loud
[notify]

Whisper

Master of the- Silent Meow

Purred: Mon Sep 1, '08 4:20am PST 
My mom tried a harness and leash on me at the advice of a friend. What did I do? As soon as the harness was on me, I flopped down and would not move. Period. Until that harness/leash was removed I wouldn't move. I am not very adventurous! Mom would love to walk down the street with me, but it will not happen!
[notify]

Pooh Bear

Mr. This is MY- house.

Purred: Tue Sep 2, '08 9:05am PST 
I love a good stroll...I even get to go to petsmart and look at all the fishes and I love the birds...sometimes I even test out the cat trees...

I go strolling in the yard and check out everything...it is fun...but most of the other furrs at our house don't much care for it...I call it my mommy and me time!laugh out loud
[notify]

Cheyenne

Catitude!

Purred: Thu Sep 4, '08 8:42pm PST 
w0w, ya'll seem to enjoy it a lot more than I!

I won't wear my harness. End of discussion! silenced

But, I do love sitting by Momma when she's out on the stoop reading. When we had Jazmyne (she was an American Staffordshire Terrier they fostered for 3 weeks), she would sit by the door until they put the leash on her then they'd take her out...so now, when I want out, I'll sit by the door, mreowing loudly, until Momma takes me out.

It's so much fun to get myself tangled up around the bushes!

But don't even think about trying to LEAD me anywhere; I know where I wanna go and it's nowhere you're trying to take me ![momma says---I swear to heaven she gives me attitude like this!!]
[notify]

Dobby

Purred: Sat Sep 13, '08 9:15pm PST 
Yep Dobby loves going for walks! Why do cats get the short end of the stick? Dogs get to go everywhere!

We didn't start this until he was about three years old smile
[notify]

Gordie

Don't breed or- buy when shelter- pets die

Purred: Mon Sep 15, '08 2:13pm PST 
Well, when I came here I was already a grown up cat and I had been living on the streets. Within two weeks I was in a harness and walking outside on a leash with my people and Khina. The girl would leave the harness around for me to bat at and then while I was napping on the couch she'd drape it over me so I could get used to how it felt. The first time she actually buckled it on me was pretty funny. I walked backwards and tried to step over the harness and fell over a lot. But the girl kept offering me treats! So pretty soon I forgot all about the harness being on. The next day we started the process of introducing the leash. Then maybe two days later I got to go outside. It was really great to be able to claw and climb trees and eat some grass and chase bugs, birds and squirrels. Now (don't tell Khina) the girl says I'm better behaved on the leash than she is! And she started on the harness and leash as a kitten! So just because you didn't get to learn how to walk on a leash when you were young doesn't mean that you never can. And for goodness sake tell your human not to come home with that weird contraption and just buckle you in straight away! You have to introduce it slowly with lots of nice words and treats. And as for darting out the door every time it opens... not anymore. Yes, when I came here I had no manners at all, but my people laid down the law and didn't ever give in to any whining and didn't tolerate bad behavior. I know that unless I have my harness on I can't go outside. Period. End of sentence. Do not pass Go. I very quickly figured out that there are a lot more advantages to being good than being bad. Oh my goodness I don't even try to steal food off the table anymore! I'm a changed kitty I tell you!
[notify]

Tobie

Im the thearpy- cat

Purred: Sun Sep 21, '08 8:28pm PST 
I love going for walks on a leash....mom tried it on me one day and I loved ithappy dance
[notify]

zoey

Purred: Sun Jan 25, '09 2:56pm PST 
i am boy cat that is very loyal if you want to be with me send me somthing and i will tell you about me and i want to learn about youkitty
[notify]

Macie

I gotta be free!

Purred: Fri Jan 30, '09 9:26pm PST 
I've tried a lightweight lead, but both Milo and Rosita simply want to get into the grass and roll around... so there is no going on a walk with them! I want to try it with my newest addition, Macie, and see how she does. But we will have to wait for warmer weather!
[notify]

(Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
1  2  3  4