GO!

Bad Posting on Catster Local

This is the place to talk about anything and everything cat-related going on where you are or where you've been with your best furiend! All those who enjoy taking their cats out gather here to share info on local cat-friendly places and find out about meet ups with other cat owners in your area! Check out Catster Local for pet-friendly products and services in your neighborhood!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Jewel

Treat me like- the princess I- am

Purred: Thu Jul 5, '07 3:49pm PST 
Hi kitties, This is Harley and Jewels mommy and i just stumbled across this link on Catster Local:

http://www.catster.com/local/NY/New_york/Animal_Sh elters/Kitten_killery-62235

shockit says that :

"“We offer many types of killing to ensure the cat population does not get out of control. If the population continues to grow at the current rate, by 2020 there will be 12 feet of cats throughout manhattan. Cats will be eating all of our food, and possibly exploiting weaknesses in our economy. It will not be a matter of being humane, but rather a matter of our survival. So please take your cat to our killery for a variety of kill methods. This week: 50% off killing your cat by drowning.”

I was shocked when I read this! I already reported it once to Catster but maybe we can get it removed faster if we all report it. I happened to look up the address and its obviously not a shelter or anything, in fact, its a restaurant!

It makes me sick to think that someone posted this trying to be funny or something.
[notify]

Elisabeth- Ann

Doodle Noodle

Purred: Thu Jul 5, '07 6:41pm PST 
That's terrible...Hopefully, Catster removes it soon. I reported it as well.
[notify]

Diego

I'm bringing- sexy back

Purred: Thu Jul 5, '07 7:56pm PST 
We reported it as well.

Do people just have too much time on their hands? Humans can really be stupid. Sheesh!
[notify]

Lily Rose

The Elusive

Purred: Thu Jul 5, '07 8:19pm PST 
They have to have had a Catster page to post that, right? Does it link? Or can HQ find that out? Because whoever did it should be removed immediately. What a sick person.
[notify]

Emma Barrett

It\'s good to be- the Queen

Purred: Fri Jul 6, '07 8:11am PST 
How sick...our meowmy was so upset when she read this over my shoulder. As wonderful as computers and the Internet are, now all the sick, unfeeling people in the world are able to spread their hate in matter of minutes.

I had to give my meowmy some headbutts and kisses to calm her down. NOTHING makes her madder than reading about people who harm children, the elderly or pets.

Emma, Louis and Benny Grunch

We know HQ will remove this and the poster responsible soon....
[notify]

Emma Barrett

It\'s good to be- the Queen

Purred: Fri Jul 6, '07 8:14am PST 
Just thought of something - could someone e-mail this message and the link to some of the New York TV stations, or better yet, the ASPCA in New York. I KNOW the ASPCA would take some action. I know we have CATSERS in the New York area.

Also, how long do you think the restaurant would stay in business if this was made public. Must be LOTS AND LOTS of animal lovers in the greater New York area.

Emma
[notify]

Catster HQ

Purred: Fri Jul 6, '07 10:12am PST 
Hi Kitties,

We are so upset that there are people out there who want to mess with our happy little community. This is so disturbing!

Know that we are looking into this and the offending kitty will not be allowed on this site any longer.

We created this site for cats like you!

Purrs,
HQ

Diego

I'm bringing- sexy back

Purred: Fri Jul 6, '07 10:48am PST 
Thanks HQ.
[notify]

Calli

Captain of the- USS Voyagpurr

Purred: Fri Jul 6, '07 2:33pm PST 
That is horrible! Mom almost cried! But now we can't open the page so that is good!
Calli
[notify]

Peppy ( In Loving Memory)

Peppy-the pepper- color coated- cat!

Purred: Sat Jul 7, '07 3:41pm PST 
THATS HORRIBLE!!!!!shockeekcry who would do such a thing.
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2