GO!

NEW PERSIAN..IS SOMETHING WRONG?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Catsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Catster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Peanut

Where's my Baby- Boy!

Purred: Fri Apr 2, '10 7:14am PST 
I just picked up my 9 week old kitten from the airport yesterday. He had a long trip to get to me. He was loaded with pee. The whole ride home he groomed himself obsessively. I noticed when I took him out of the cage that his eyes and nose were running. A little while later he went poop (soft) and then a little bit later went again and 2 drops of blood came out when he had finished. Should I be concerned? Anyone know what it may be caused from.

ALSO...I noticed he has bald spots along the inside of his back legs and lower stomach. What is that from???
[notify]

GC Rdreams- Golden- Bamboo of Po

Purred: Mon Apr 12, '10 3:29am PST 
I hope that by now you have taken him to the vet. I have to say that I am surprised a breeder would let a baby this young go to a new home. Persians are generally slow to develop and need to stay with the mother until at least 12 weeks - 16 is better. The runny nose could have been from stress as well as the urine on him at the time of arrival, especially if it was a long flight. I always take a new cat to the vet for a check up within 24 to 48 hours after getting them. If there are other cats in the house I suggest keeping them apart for a minimum of 2 weeks. This is a precaution against spreading disease.
[notify]